Is Lauryn Hill really racist?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by interval_illusion, Jan 27, 2005.

1. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

actually, moonshyne, no offense, but you need to reread what i wrote there.

2. mynameiskc

and i'm kinda hurt that you think i'd be the sort of person who would even purchase stolen goods, much less tell the surviving children to piss off, that their family heirloom is mine now. i'm a bitch, but i'm an honest and fair bitch.

3. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I don't think I did make it sound as if blacks are constant racists and whites are not at all. But it goes to show that there is always somebody ready to jump on the things people say and shout out about someone not being 100% politically correct. It is not the way I wrote it, it is the way you chose to read it.

4. mynameiskc

moonshyn is cool. i just don't think she got me right this time.

5. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

6. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

if you were not my sister.......I'd do you

7. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

I find that chickens are slippy. Also I have never seen a lobster drive a car. And will we ever get into the mind of a wolf?

8. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

KC, I didn't mean that entire post for you. I was just using the "It's not my fault" thing you said as an example. I'm sorry if it sounded like I was targeting you for something. :(

As far as stolen goods, alot of stuff that belonged to jews then was taken by the nazi's, and later sold. Not many people who might own that stuff now even know where it came from. My point was to say that if someone did have something like that, and someone else wanted to take it to give it back to the family of the victim, most people would hand it on over without saying shit like "well, it's not my fault, I wasn't a nazi." But if black people bring up shit like reparations or other compensation for their race's suffering, nearly every (but not all) white person in this country will give you that line, except replace the word nazi with slave owner.

9. mynameiskc

which, i feel reparations and adjustment to equalize society is justified. but being hated individually for something i had no control over is unfair. however, i can understand the rage and feeling of frustration that leads to it, so consider it something i shouldn't bother worrying about. it's something the hater has to work through.

10. missfontella

I have a question

Is that what ya'll think of me? That I hate people for being white?

11. mynameiskc

i don't think so. i didn't get that vibe. otherwise you wouldn't be here joking around and chatting.

12. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

No one thinks that of you and no one has said anything to indicate such a thing. So your question is rather bemusing and on several occasions I have wondered if some people are reading what is said or glancing at words and coming up with their own versions of what has been said.

This was simply a discussion and nobody mentioned anyone specifically. It does seem rather silly that this stemmed from a question about Lauryn Hill who really is not that good.

13. mynameiskc

it's an understandable question, considering the topic and the number of times she's been accused of it by people here.

14. missfontella

I don't know if you are aware of it but I have 3000 posts......I "talk" to half of the people in this thread everyday

and given the content of a number of previous "racial" threads, the question was very valid

#1 you have no way of knowing what people think
    #2 Lauryn Hill is talented as hell

and #3 you are beginning to pluck my nerves:confused:

15. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

Oh dear I wouldn't want to do that would I? Laughable. It is that easy is it?

I find racism and racists repulsive and sad wether it is directed at black people, white people or anyone, but each one of those races sometimes acts as if it is the only one to have been a target of racism and some individuals even act as if it is a personal attack on themselves. Some people take humbrage with a race for things that happened years before they were born this is simply stupid.

The fact that your nerves are plucked has no bearing on me and affects me in no way, frankly I don't care. You should learn to control that as it seems very easy. Opinions are annoying when they are other peoples?

16. mynameiskc

edited. that was rude.

17. mynameiskc

i think we just have another pj incarnation.

18. Gladstone Screwer

Gladstone Screwer Member

If that is directed at me, it seems slightly judgmental and would suggest a lazy surface opinion that doesn't mean anything as it has no grounds in thought which suggests that you are not on the bright side.

All I know is that I don't think she has anything against white people and was curious about her question so I asked her and she answered and this being a forum of discussion I believe that to be the best method, don't you?

Your the first one to stoop to a personal insult, well done.

19. mynameiskc

it IS rather insulting to be compared to pj. but if you act like him, i shall continue to compare you do him.

20. missfontella

and there it goes people!!!

another one completely misses the point!!!!!!!!