Is it time to talk about guns?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

2. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Five people shot just west of Orlando (Florida)

Two members of an on-site news crew were also shot; one sadly died.

A young child was also shot........:(

3. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

4. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

Truly SAD, so very SOBERING, but, sadly, all too true.

A VERY profound.....and disturbing.....commentary, for certain......

"Live long and prosper"

5. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

6. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Sympathy and prayers from the GOP does not mean much when the continue to block every common sense gun control law bill.

scratcho, Piobaire, Eric! and 3 others like this.
  7. GrayGuy57

GrayGuy57 Members

The following is from the late famed newsman Jim Lehrer's autobiography.........it speaks many volumes......

"......I have learned to fear and loathe guns. Having been expertly trained to use handguns against human beings in the Marines-particularly the body-splitting automatic and semiautomatic weapons-I find it impossible to see them as anything but tools of death and injury......."

"......these are not toys. These are not sports equipment. They are made to cut people in half, blow holes in their chests, to splash their heads on the sidewalk......"

".......in my opinion, only the untrained and the ignorant play word games about the magic manliness of holding a gun, hunting deer with an AK-47, or protecting one's VCR from a drug-crazed burglar with an Uzi........"

":A true man does not need a gun to give him authority, for his weapon is intelligence"

8. Coachdb18

Coachdb18 Members

9. MollyCuddled

MollyCuddled Members

So many people have a really creepy gun fetish. I guess I appreciate when they put it out there so I know to stay away from them. I prefer men who can feel like men without a gun

MeAgain, Piobaire, 6Sailor9 and 2 others like this.
  10. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

MeAgain and MollyCuddled like this.
  11. MollyCuddled

MollyCuddled Members

yeah that’s the example of when a gun fetish is more important than other humans. It’s super weird.

MeAgain, Piobaire and granite45 like this.
  12. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

granite45 and MollyCuddled like this.
  13. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

If there are people who post signs that say "God hates fags," there are people who post such gun signs.

thepapasmurph likes this.
  14. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I'm not an anti gun nut and I resent my government telling me categorically I may not have a gun.
    On the other hand, I don't want to live in a society where Everybody Has A Gun and Everybody Loves Guns. My existence, identity, safety, power, manhood, etc. is not dependent on my possession of or access to firearms. In other words I'm not a gun nut either.
    There has to be a sane middle ground.

15. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know a lot of places where that post is a trigger - almost literally - to make people take up arms.

Agreed. However, jokingly, I didn't know God was anti-smoking. In the Uk 'fags' is a term for smoking. EG, I'm going to have a fag. lol

16. Coachdb18

Coachdb18 Members

The Bill of Rights (the first ten amendments in the US Constitution) were not considered to be laws passed by the government to permit gun ownership, or free speech, or any of the other rights mentioned in that addition. Instead, it was the government promise to the people that these rights would NEVER be questioned, as they were considered GOD GIVEN. There is no discussion needed, this was a promise restricting government reach into the personal lives of all US citizens for as long as that government may exist. You may not like it personally, and you may not like free speech, or freedom of religion, etc etc etc, but this is America, and it was created with these promises encoded. If you can't find it in your heart to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution in all its forms, you need to find a place you like better.

17. MollyCuddled

MollyCuddled Members

That is frankly, a dumb argument. All the rights have limits. We’re discussing what reasonable limits are. The constitution was designed intentionally to be flexible. The second amendment itself is an amendment.

If your fetish is more important than our kids, let me know now so I can forever ignore you. I try and avoid weak minded and weak spirited men.

Tishomingo, scratcho, MeAgain and 4 others like this.
  18. Bazz888

I assume that is your interpretation, which is pretty grim.
    It reads as though you are saying that if someone doesn't agree with you (your interpretation) they should leave America and such a statement is, in my view, based on the hope that they are less proficient in weaponry as you.

In my view, there is absolutely no need for guns except for landowners who need to control vermin and those who partake in sports shooting. (Currently checking definition of vermin).

MeAgain and MollyCuddled like this.
  19. MollyCuddled

MollyCuddled Members

In all seriousness it’s not about need. It really is a fetish. You can enjoy target shooting or hunting and be a healthy functioning adult; but for some people it’s a total creepy obsession

IMG_1409.jpeg

Eric! likes this.
  20. Bazz888

Thanks MollyCuddled, I get that, which is my point.

Without a need, or better, with legislation to ensure those without such need can no longer acquire weapons, shouldn't it be one step to fixing the issue? How to get weapons that are already on the streets; that's a whole new ball game.

MollyCuddled likes this.