Is it the right cactus?

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Cris123456789, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Cris123456789

Cris123456789 Member

My friend got super hyped over this cactus, i told him not to get his hopes up because it didnt look like any cacti of the kind, but then again im no expert on cacti, so please comment Thanks in advance :)

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

you'll need a closer picture.. might be active. Idk..

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Does not look typical of Tricocerious. Still may have alkaloids in it, but more likely than not, not good ones.

Probably a waste of time, and maybe deadly.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

I dont think there are any deadly cacti .. i could be wrong.

5. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Well, not at a reasonable dose, but if he did an extraction, bad things could happen.

Like the southern species of peyote... has no mescaline, but lots of stuff.... and it's pretty horrible, like datura... There's also a cactus from baja california that is apparently psychoactive and not tricocerious, but nobody knows shit about it, or what's in it.

I'm not saying you'll probably die if you start eating unknown cacti, I think it's a lot less risky than, say, eating unknown pharms. But there could still be a risk, and it's a needless one, because I very highly doubt that that cactus would do ANYthing, much less something good.

It has too many lobes in it's cross section, and it is bulgy between nodes in a way that tricocerious is not. And it looks like it has far too many spines in the wrong pattern, and maybe too much of those tiny painful hairs.

6. babyjay

babyjay Senior Member

any plant has the potential to be dangerous. never assume that a plant is safe to consume, inhale, or even touch, just because it's a plant.

7. Cris123456789

Cris123456789 Member

So should I just give up hope, or upload better pics?

8. Hedgeclipper

Hedgeclipper Qiluprneeels Nixw

it's not a mescaline cactus.

It's a damn pretty cactus, though. I <3 cacti :)

9. Cris123456789

Cris123456789 Member

Sad face... But ya, damn pretty and damn big too

10. Gunther Grambo

Gunther Grambo Guest

It's moments like this why I love trippin'

11. cuscowahca

cuscowahca Guest

Here in Peru they sell the dried cactus and powder form so you can consume. You can buy sp powder 1 kilo which is about 29 doses and the dried cacti. You consume 35 grams which is equal to 2.6 tablespoons. If you need more info please contact me.