is it safe to take pills after expiration date?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by Rugor, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

Well I have these pills that say mylan 155 on them and they expired in 05. So if I take them will something bad happen? and are these pills even worth abusing they are mild pain killers?

2. MiNdTrIp

MiNdTrIp Member

it'll be safe to use them, but 3 years after the expiration date I doubt you'll feel anything. especially if its a mild pain killer. it'll be better just to buy some weed than take those.

3. def zeppelin

def zeppelin All connected

I once asked my doctor this type of question and she told me that the drug would just be less potent.

You should double-check just in case, though.

4. kudosdc

kudosdc Member

Some drugs are basically unchanged by time, some will lose their potency. Almost all drugs, if stored in a dry, dark & cool place will be good years after they "expire."

One Warning: Tetracycline type antibiotics, including Doxycycline, degrade into very dangerous chemicals that can cause fatal kidney failure and they should never be used past expiration. As a rule, these drugs' names end with -cycline.