Is it possible to avoid bad trips?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Bobyahead2this, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Bobyahead2this

Bobyahead2this Guest

Well I was wondering because my mind state is really depressive most of the time and I'm kinda doing LSD to get better. If I go into the trip thinking it'll be good and my life will be changed will it result in a better trip?

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's hard to say. You can not guarantee how a trip will turn out. It sounds like you want to force some things and it's not like that. But if you are in positive state of mind and comfortable place when you trip there is a good chance of you having a nice experience.

3. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

It's best to go in with no expectations and just roll with the punches. Comfort is key to having a good experience, but it's not guaranteed. If shit happens you'll have to deal with it, but that's where the real gold is imho. "The best medicine tastes the worst", or something along those lines..

It's worth swotting up on psychedelics beforehand.. physiological, mental and spiritual effects.

4. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

This reminds me of the classic saying "There are no bad trips." If you have a hard time, there's no timer that goes off in your brain that says you are guaranteed a bad trip. As long as you dose responsibly, you should have no problems keeping yourself calm and safe. Having a sitter can be helpful your first time. Another thing to remember is that an unpleasant experience can still be very helpful. Some of the best lessons I learned were on bad trips.

5. thismoment

thismoment Member

The main considerations

Substance, dose, route - You want a known substance at known and safe dose. There seem to be more adverse reactions from snorting and injecting drugs.

Set (as in mindset) - Positive outlook helps, as does being intentional about what you hope to accomplish (though intentions may fall by the wayside). Having high books, pictures, and things helps, e.g., Tao Te Ching, Bible, Be Here Now. You want things that will elevate your mind vs. negative stuff.

Setting - This includes the physical environment as well as the human. A pretty and comfortable place is important - not a mall or theater. Outside is good, especially if you can lie down safely. The human environment is critical. You need people you can trust. Nice people.

There is more to know. Google set and setting trip.

This has the potential to be life-changing. Spiritual awakening is possible. So don't piss it away on a fucking video game or tv program.

6. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

It helps to watch where you are walking.