Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by StonerBill, Jan 24, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

or are all those taste-charts bullshit, in light of my realisation that there is an area of the tongue up the back near my throat where the taste of sweet is like a hundred times more intense than at the tip of the tongue?

2. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

I don't really know how to respond. Peanuts.

3. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well did you try???? GET A LOLLY POP YOU ASSHOLE!

4. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Those are the main areas of concentration for each taste, but they do run the length of the mouth. My theory (which i realized while high and eating chocolate) is that the taste is pretty intense in the front of the mouth, then kinda less further back, but way to the back it's intense again (but in a different way, it feels like a closing note, satisfyingly ending the taste). I think it's evolution's way of making sure we swallow our food by making it enjoyable to do so. It doesn't really work if you just bolt your food down, you have to eat it slower and savor it, which I tend to do better when I'm stoned.

5. you took the words right outta my mouth

6. Don't be a prick dude...cock sucker!!!

7. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

he started the damn thread, don't just go around being aggressive

8. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

lol krayzie, it was a joke YOU ASSHOLE!

9. snelio37

snelio37 Member

yeah i kinda did notice that. i was eating a lollipop a few days ago and i was laughing really hard and i almost swallowed it, stick and all. it was really, really sickeningly sweet in the back of my throat. go figure.

10. Rasheeke

Rasheeke Member

yeah i get that too. Maybe because the top of your tongue is rough, because it takes a beaten while your chewing and talking and such, while the back of your tongue only has quick contact when swallowing.