Is it bad of us?

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by moon_flower, Jun 18, 2006.

1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

My boyfriend and I both celebrated Mother's Day and Father's Day. My grandmother give me a load of crap about it saying we are being selfish because our baby isn't here yet and we just did it for the presents. We just bought each other a card and a small present (on the respective holidays). Any other people here celebrate the holidays while expecting?

2. HippyLove

HippyLove Visitor

you are still a mother and he is still a father whether your angel has arrived yet or not. We did both holidays last year when I was pregnant. I see nothing wrong with it. I think it's nice.

3. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Happy Mama's Day, Sweetie. And happy Daddy's Day to yout SO!

There is nothing wrong with celebrating now. I gave my dh a Father's Day card before our first baby was born. (I went into labor the next day, and this year Sunshine's B day is on Father's Day.)

4. smiling_mama

smiling_mama Member

Maggie - your daughter's bday is June 18??? So is my sister! Her bday lands on Father's day a lot

5. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

we would have celebrated my first mothers day before she was born...had i not been in labour :)

6. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

:D I'm glad we're not the only ones.
    (I send my birthday wishes to Sunshine, Maggie. :))

7. Maggie Sugar

She's TWENTY!!!! I have a child who is not a teen any more. I feel so old......:)

I'll tell S y'all said Happy B Day. She's out with freinds, now, Celebrating, God help us all. ;)

It's Paul McCartney's B Day, too. He's 64.

8. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Since when is 44 old? Haha....when I hear old I think of 80s and 90s. You're still a young buck!
    Finally hit 64....I wonder how many of the things he sings about in "When I'm 64" will happen....

9. Maggie Sugar

He's got grandkids, but poor Linda didn't make it to see him get there. Sad. Heather just wasn't the one.

Nah, I just feel old. A few threads ago, I was talking about how when I am with Sage and with Sunshine, or even Moon, people think Sunshine or Moon are the mama, and I am the grandma. Except when guys are hitting on me, then they tell my girls, "Tell you sister (meaning ME) I said she looks nice......" Yeah, right.... :)

10. warpedsoaper

warpedsoaper eternal optimist

I recieved a card from my mother and my grandmother on Mother's Day it was surreal for me, but I appreciated it. So on Father's Day I bought my hubby a Daddy to be card and took that oppurtunity to tell him how much of an awesome father I knew he would be. There is nothing selfish in being excited and expressing love. I think we should all have more chances to do things for each other like that. June babies are the best haha. I turn 30 today (whoa) and we always do a joint Fathers Day/Marnie's Birthday celebration, makes it nice for the family.

11. mamaboogie

mamaboogie anarchist

I don't think we did it, somehow I managed to conceive our first child after father's day and she was born shortly before mother's day... but I see nothing wrong with celebrating those holidays before the baby is born!! Congrats!

And, you, Maggie, Happy Anniversary of your first Birth day twenty years ago! :eek: if my first baby had been born, s/he would be about to turn twenty now, too.... oh my!

12. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

There's absolutly nothing wrong with it!!!!!!!!! We didn't celebrate when I was peggy, I dunno why, but I really think we should have....you're still a mama!!!!!!!

13. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

:D Great.
    I guess my granny just made me second guess it.
    Boyfriend has his card sitting on his side table. He said he thinks celebrating the holiday made him feel more like he's a dad....and it is exciting.

14. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Hey Maggie, you guys are making me feel old. I'm on another board where they had a thread about being late 30's or older and having small children. I posted that I have a son who is in his late 30's and I have a 3 year old. Does that count?

I guess I can't say I have a three year old much longer though. He'll be four in less than two weeks.

Kathi