is here someone who learned astral traveling through meditation?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by neophyte2021, Jun 19, 2021.

1. neophyte2021

neophyte2021 Members

I read in an article that it is possible to astral travel through meditation. Anyone here achieved it?

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

3. neophyte2021

neophyte2021 Members

Thats not what I meant, I meant astral traveling through traditional meditation?

Candy Gal likes this.
  4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Oh it just happens with me.

5. Varmint

Varmint Member

I must wonder if you've actually tried this, and how far you've gone with it? In other words, can you control it/do it at will? Have you ever tried to do this with a partner and, if so, did you two try to swap bodies? This is a rabbit hole with some rather hairy turns and hazards.

6. Rotten Willie

Rotten Willie Members

Wish I could. Feels like I've come close a few times, but maybe too scared of the rabbit hole like varmint said to commit..

7. JonJRR88

JonJRR88 Members

astral traveling and other kinds of spiritual experiences can happen through the practice of meditation. Generally, it is really best to meditate daily and let a general spiritual practice produce whatever experiences it will produce. Directly seeking a supernatural kind of experience is, in a sense, like trying to lift as much weight as possible with your right bicep, without generally strengthening your entire body, in balance.

If you want to read a book filled with wonderful and beautiful supernatural meditation experiences, I would recommend "Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. George Harrison used to keep copies with him and hand them out to friends who were going through depression or having bad times. He once gave a copy to US President Gerald Ford.

Paramanhasa Yogananda is one of only a handful of souls recognized by Mahatma Gandhi as a living saint.