Is Donald Trump right about the media?

Discussion in 'Conspiracy' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I watched in amazement this week as the US had two important Supreme Court decisions and a book was released by a former National Security Advisor

And yet all of it seemed to be pushed to the background by several tweets from President Trump

Two in particular; the ultra cute baby video

(Watch the whole video)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1273770669214490626?s=20

Which Twitter in its infinite wisdom needed to tag as manipulated media

And a second set of tweets huffing and puffing about John Bolton which, the media lambasting the President for, actually took attention away from the actual content of the book

Love or hate the big orange cuddly leader of the free world, is he actually right about the media, does he know full well the majority only have an attention span of a few weeks now, is he right that conflict is more entertaining than detail or even policies? Whilst our attention span is shorter than ever before, we are more internet savvy, does Twitter really need to point out that video isn't from CNN, treat us like idiots

Remember the little photo op outside the church? That seems like an eternity ago now doesn't it?

2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The US media are very dangerous and far from impartial in almost all areas.
    Over the years, they have destroyed the business on several British films, simply because they were not directed by an American director. Chorus Line being a prime example when the production company chose Richard Attenborough over Bob Fosse to direct it.

Truckguy1987 likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

UK media can be pretty feral also.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that they are slightly better than the US, but only by a narrow margin. :yum:

5. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I live in the United States and the news spent more time on Supreme Court news and Bolton's book than Trump tweets. Perhaps the only news your media found interesting was Trump tweets.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I have thought to myself time and time again that Donald Trump's behavior must have some alternate meaning. So in that way, I feel like his position/behavior in the media could theoretically be a social commentary on the attention span of the average American, their attitudes, and social norms. But if we really look at what he's doing it doesn't truly seem planned or to have an agenda.

No, I think he may be a narcissist, but I would be hard pressed to say he's right.

What we need to do is create our own media normal. If there's a new normal there people are going to catch on; especially if you flip the channel and get the same thing on every station! :)

jagerhans and unfocusedanakin like this.
  7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You don't think I checked various news sites around the world? Even some of your local affiliates in the bluest states put the baby video tweet ahead of the rest

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I'm sure your news feed only includes what you want to see and that which you want to condemn... Real news you have no use for.

wrat1 likes this.
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My news feed errrr "the internet"

Take a look

ABC7 News - KGO Bay Area and San Francisco News and Weather

First and Only mention of Trump on the front page is surprise surprise, about a Trump tweet....threatening protesters who plan to show up in Tulsa

Trump threatens protesters ahead of Tulsa rally

I don't see Bidens name anywhere on an obvously blue friendly news affiliate in the bluest of areas

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So, whats going to happen in Tulsa, photos all over the news of those type of college students that have one side of their head shaven, the other side not, an army jacket from an op shop, skinny jeans and tennis shoes

How many Target stores does Tulsa have?

11. Tyrsonswood

Actually, telling US citizens they no longer have first amendment rights is kinda a big deal....

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Pretty sure there is nothing in that first amendment about arson, looting, vandalism, homicide

NudistMatt and Truckguy1987 like this.
  13. Tyrsonswood

There is about protesting....

14. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

What I am saying is that I watched about an hour of local news and two hours of national news yesterday morning and in terms of time spent on topics
    the Supreme Court decisions of this past week came up first. There was significant time spent on Juneteenth, Covid-19, the police murders of Breonna Taylor and Rayshard Brooks. The Trump tweet with the manipulated video of toddlers was mentioned but not much of any time spent on the subject. More time was spent on Trumps rally today and Covid-19 concerns along with the likelihood of protests. I live in a red state for what that is worth.

I realize that you posted this in the Conspiracy forum so carry on with your conspiracy.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Trump only likes media that praises him. Now a PR company can't get him the results he wants. People actuly see him for the mean idiot he is and it upsets him. So the media must be the one lying because everyone loves him. He's even turned on Fox news. He wants a propaganda station for himself. It would be difficult to find examples of things ever occurring as he says the media should have said.

Notice he somehow uses the rigged media against him to tell people that he was the one telling the truth? He violates the hate speech policies of social media and it;s allowed because of who is.

You would think that sources outside America would say something if Trump ever told the truth. Maybe they all have a left wing agenda of hating America? The media can exaggerate sometimes but their claims end up being true most of the time. What Trump says is true is rarely if ever true. He lies so much you have no choice but to just move on to the next lie.

https://www.newsweek.com/twitter-do...-suspendthepres-social-media-policies-1512443

Trump tells people to stop watching Fox News after it airs polls showing him losing

16. meeses

meeses Member

I would just like to let you all know that "PR' Trump is no different than any other one. He does as he's told like they all did before.
    Jews do what needs to be done to accommodate their bible...
    Take it or leave it...

17. Tyrsonswood

[​IMG]

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

19. meeses

meeses Member

:)

20. meeses

meeses Member

Good one, just that he forgot to reveal that they ALL work for the same entity...