Is Climate Change Making You Sick?

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Moonglow181, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Government grants you say, why then, the taxpayers are paying them. ;)

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Wow GlenGlen, expect that mindset from PR, surprised to hear you say stuff like that.

I just don't understand this current trend of anti-intellectual rhetoric and hating on science and scientist.
    seems as if the world is regressing rather than progressing.

I wonder how long will it be before people start watering their crops with Gatorade?

3 people like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

1 person likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Lol. What a great thought out solution. Let's just move to another planet

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Anti-Intellectual......Is Not Anti-Common Sense......In Fact Methinks Quite The Opposite Is True...... :)

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  6. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

right. The mind set by some in this thread makes me sad and sick....same ole same ole bull shit.....No one wants to take responsibility for anything...If people read the article with any comprehension at all...they might think differently. perhaps nature would have another cleaning of the house.....but mankind is sure doing his finest to speed things up.....but.....as long as people can keep on keep on doing on anything without taking any responsibility........keep on keeping on disrespecting nature and then see what she does. She will always have the last word.

1 person likes this.
  7. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Yes, and as we've discussed before, it isn't only climate change that poses a problem. There's also pollution of the oceans with plastic, the acidification of the oceans, air pollution, destruction of rain forests and other natural environments. etc.

I suppose a fanatic might argue that acidification could be a natural process, but the other things are all 100% human made.

2 people like this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well yeah, but no one is getting rich from them.

1 person likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

some of us actually want our tax money to go towards things like scientific grants. Better than going to a military budget that is already bigger than the next 12 countries combined, at least. Or bailing out the banks again.

4 people like this.
  10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

All You Have To Do In This World Is Put......"Eminant Scientist".....Or....." Dr" In Front Of Your Name And

Millions Of "Sheep" Will Worship Your Every Word......

Fortunately Some Of Us Don't Think Like Sheep.....[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Well

With science it isn't about the scientist, it is about the science. Scientific research is generally available for the public to read. Hopefully all you nonsheep people are reviewing the research before forming an opinion

1 person likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My opinion is, not one scientific theory ever gets written without someone in the defense network wondering how they can use this new theory and technology to further destroy more human lives.

From day dot, we've engineered and progressed ourselves to kill more efficiently.

Man made a wheel for agricultural purposes? Some built a chariot.
    Somebody forged a hammer, the next person forged an ax.
    And so on and on until in 1940 we achieved what I deem to be the most successful era in human civilization and advancement, we finally found a way to mass murder on a scale like no other.

Simple gas and one big bomb.

Now America talks about its space and Aero defense programs, we are talking space age now, like Star Wars.

Taxpayers money may help fund for scientific grants, but ain't a doubt that research will help the military. Without a doubt.

13. egger

egger Member

Protein leverage hypothesis is a relatively new hypothesis that posits a potential relationship between climate and obesity. It has the potential to explain why particular types of wildlife have been oberserved to be gaining weight in recent decades. Overweight trends for wildlife can't be explained easily by the same explanations offered for etiology of obesity in people, such as advertising of foods or the engineering of food for high palatability.

Associated with obesity are a number of maladies such as diabetes. Thus, there is a potential link between overall climate change and the health of people and non-human animals. Much work remains to be done to see if this hypothesis is supported by science data.

Surprising new leads uncovered in global obesity epidemic
    By MiNDFOOD | December 15, 2014

https://www.mindfood.com/nz/article/surprising-new-leads-uncovered-in-global-obesity-epidemic/

From the article:

"CLIMATE CHANGE COULD BE CHANGING THE NUTRITIONAL COMPOSITION OF OUR FOOD

The dramatic increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide – more than 40 per cent since 1750 – could have significant impacts on the human diet, and in turn on global obesity.

Increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has had enormous effects on the growth and nutritional value of plants. While crop yields have increased, they also have a lower ratio of protein to carbohydrates.

“The result of this decline in plants’ protein content is that we need to eat more of them to satisfy our nutritional needs,” said Professor Raubenheimer.

“Since more than 80 per cent of the calories we consume come from plants, changes in plant composition will have a major impact on the human diet.”"

14. egger

egger Member

15. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

16. tommeem1

tommeem1 Members

There is this running joke in my family that if I stand in front of the refrigerator I will get sick.

So, I'm probably suffering from some physical or emtional sickness due to climate changes. Probably all my medical conditons come from the environment, because it's not like my mom was doing drugs and drinking when she was pregnant with me.

17. Moonglow181

I don't doubt that the biggest agenda is the military....warheads.......I don't doubt that one bit....but I just care that this planet is getting trashed. I saw a video of a river last night.....10 most deadly bodies of water video...one large body of water was a site for the dumping grounds of so many factories built on it. People there are just wading in trash....it is so full of trash, that you cannot see water anymore.

18. Moonglow181

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4NVL03JdNk

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

100% agree.

Trust me, if a science laboratory lab finds a way to go back in time, the military and government officials will find a way to go back in time, just to kill somebody. That's what they'll change which I think ironic. Now they might go back and kill Stalin and save 30million lives but they gonna kill Stalin to do it. lol.

They won't go back in time and build a fantastic wall around New Orleans or nothing like that, they'll just go back in time and win a war and kill people.

The technology we use like robotic vacuums etc. that's all Childs play for us, a robot that can walk and talk? The military is already progressing that technology into futur robots walking the battlefield.

You have to kill science as a whole to save ourselves. I don't say religion is the best way to go about it, but we need to stop advancing in science quickly before we mine ourselves gone of materials and ruin the atmosphere powering it.

20. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They don't see science as fact but instead as a conspiracy from the left. Basically regulations on global warming make it harder for 1% types to make lots of profits. Notice I said lots and not some. This is unacceptable to them. So they will find any nonsense they can to justify it. For example it snows therefore the world is not getting hotter. Or hey I found this one scientist being paid by the oil industry and he says it's not happening so the 99.9% of scientists who do are lying. My favorite is when they bring up ONE literally one artical from the 70's that hypothesizes the planet was cooling. That alone is proof there is no global warming. Don't remind them that articals on the planet heating up were published as early as the 1900's. To explain how wrong they are just upsets them more because you would have to use science which is fake. I do find it interesting when they cite science in so many other topics though. But to be fair to acknowledge it in those areas is not a threat to money.