Is Bush Paying Journalists?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Motion, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

2. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

big surprise

3. David54

David54 Member

That happens every once in a while. But at least it's a scandal when it does. What isn't a scandal, and is therefor a much deaper danger, is that over the last 15 years, journalists have come to rely more and more on official press releases and private interviews with whoever's in power at the moment. The problem with this is that a journalist on the Washington beat who pisses of those in power stops getting those interviews, doesn't get the press releases as quickly, and eventually looses the job. Basicaly, the news media are slowly becoming an organ of the government. Inbedded, as you will. We can no longer rely on them to ask the tough questions and to bring up the points that should be raised.

4. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

$88 million spent on PR campaigns in 2004? Geez, it makes me sick. Anyone with logic should know something is wrong when the government spends that much money trying to convince the public to support them. Its a shame over half of America don't have logic or maybe their apathetic attitude drowns it out. No offence to all you non-Bush voters by the way.

5. element7

element7 Random fool

This is rhetorical question, right?

6. Pikachu

Pikachu Member

You mean there are politicians out there who don't keep journalists & pundits on the payroll?

7. balko

balko Member

"The Bully Pulpit"

I guess money also falls under that...

8. Motion

Motion Senior Member

The funny thing about this to me is that before this came out, I'd alwaysed noticed how Armstrong Williams was on Bush's jock so much! He was always giving Bush props and praise over the simpliest things.LOL
    Now with it comming out that Armstrong recieved money for promoting the No Child Left Behind program his behaviour makes sense now.