is burning man hippie ?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by cjfc, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Boss_as_Diva_Girl

Boss_as_Diva_Girl Members

Yeah I hear ya! I always take my bose headphones otherwise I don't sleep. But I want to explore the art, people etc!

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. Varmint

Varmint Member

I have heard it's expensive to get in. I'm also not sure if I'd get to choose where I park or not, and that is a deal-breaker for me.

Boss_as_Diva_Girl likes this.
  3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I haven't been , but I'm sure there is fun to be had. Unfortunately for me, my occasional cynical nature reminds me of the difference between the the 2 Woodstocks. What starts out fairly pure and joyous gets absorbed by the money makers. Probably not fair of me to cast aspersions at something of which I know little, so therefore I''ll be kneeing myself in the crotch forthwith.

ZenKarma likes this.
  4. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

You haven’t gone but you “always take” noise cancelling headphones?

My experience is pre and post events. The joy of living in Oakland for a few years was Burners, Burners everywhere. From assembly parties to decomp, I felt sleep was not something to budget for. Land of the midday cat nap, at best, to tell by stories. And how long some sleep after returning.

ZenKarma and Boss_as_Diva_Girl like this.
  5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

@drumminmama living in Oakland sounds like life in Mexico. Endless parties, siestas are the thing. One must get sleep somehow.

I would go to BurningMan, but not this year or next until they have a working vaccine for the COVID-19 virus.

I have been to one Woodstock revival in Golden Gate Park, the 40th anniversary. It was a really cool scene, but then again I had backstage passes - being on the side of the stage is the best place to be

6. " is burning man hippie "

... Finish your sentence please

7. Scarecrow13

Scarecrow13 Members

Doesn't it cost like $400 to camp there? While the vibe looks hippie, that price doesn't doesn't sound very hippie.