Is anyone looking foward to "Revenge of the Sith"?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by AannaSolo, Jan 16, 2005.

1. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

Here in Australia, I recently bought the DVD pack of episodes 456 as they have just been released on DVD (are we behind the states on this?) as we could only get them on video for ages (how could we stand it)?. Then I watched 1 and 2, 456 back to back. What a blast from the past!

I've always loved these movies for their great characters and themes. Watching all the classics on DVD whilst bent was wonderful. Any other fans? The doco was especially good with the boxed set.

Now I can't wait for Revenge of the Sith

Namaste and the Force be with you (wish that didn't sound quite so lame lol)

2. mrsshf

mrsshf Member

I have nearly reached the point where I think that someone needs to chop off Lucas' hands so he can't fiddle with 456 anymore. STOP MESSING WITH MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES, GEORGE!!!! I'm lucky enough to have the 456 pre-tinker boxed set on VHS. I will never be able to throw away my VCR now.

Episode One was painful. I tried really, really hard to like it, but it was just way too kiddie. Episode Two was darker and better, but I think that Hayden Christiansen was a poor choice for Anakin (or maybe it was just the script). I continue to be hopeful that Lucas may redeem the franchise in Episode 3, but I have to say that I am more apprehensive than excited.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

mrsshf,

You're absolutely correct :)

Hayden Christiansen was a poor choice as anakin skywalker because he's not exactly all that likeable in the first place.

I think first off anakin skywalker needs to be likeable, and secondly he needs to be more complicated and more complex. Christiansen is neither.

The only reason they chose him was for his looks...and nothing else :mad:

h

4. Jabbawaya

Jabbawaya Member

Yeah, agreed.

Episode 4, 5, and 6 were truly great movies.

1 was obnoxious, but it had its moments. 2 was better.

Yes, I'd say I'm looking forward to the 3rd. I'm hoping they'll understand what mistakes they made in 1 & 2 and patch it up, and hopefully have a good plot. I'm hoping it won't just degenerate into senseless destruction, as entertaining as that might be. It needs a good plot, and good acting. I will see it in theaters.

5. AannaSolo

AannaSolo Member

Unfortunately, I believe george is known for his elicit ability to bring out wooden performances from every cast member. If only he'ld tell them to go for it and act natural.

As for Hayden - well, he sure did a good job of making Annakin appear too creepy for my liking. I agree - if he was that galaxy's messiah, he should have had some redeeming qualities like bringing people back to life etc. he shold have been a healer, not a waster of arms and legs...

6. dutch_diciple

dutch_diciple Member

"Yeah, agreed.

Episode 4, 5, and 6 were truly great movies.

1 was obnoxious, but it had its moments. 2 was better.

Yes, I'd say I'm looking forward to the 3rd. I'm hoping they'll understand what mistakes they made in 1 & 2 and patch it up, and hopefully have a good plot. I'm hoping it won't just degenerate into senseless destruction, as entertaining as that might be. It needs a good plot, and good acting. I will see it in theaters."

I agree. If 3 will be like 1 or 2, it's a bad job done. I mean, if you watch star wars for years then a HUGE part of the plot is focused around anakin skywalker becoming darth vader and they really have to do a great job at 'visualising' this in 3....good won't be enough, it's gotta be great.