Irish Music

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Philly_Hippie17, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Philly_Hippie17

Philly_Hippie17 Member

What do you all think of Irish music, i think its the most beautiful music out there, What Do you All Think ?????

2. Daisie

Daisie Member

I went to the local Folk music festival last year to see a band called "The Irish Descendants"
    I'd never heard of them before, but was interested in hearing some celtic-type music... and I thought they were very good.
    They're not actually from Ireland, but from Newfoundland... Which has quite the Irish background.
    My favorite song the played was called "Caledonia"
    Although I belive it is actually Scottish in origin..
    But anyways, I couldn't find a version of the song performed by them so I downloaded one by Dougie MacLean.
    It's a really beautiful song, but I believe there are many versions out there.. so you might want to find a few different one's and see which you like best.

3. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

Are you refering to cetlic music with bagpipes, or Irish bands like U2?

4. Daisie

Daisie Member

^ I suppose I should of asked that before I went into my rant.:confused:

5. kier

kier I R Baboon

i love both irish folk music, as well as modern bands such as u2, and the cranberries (one of my fave bands ever!!!)

not only do the melodies speak to me, but the irish voice is such a sweet beautiful thing :)