Iraq war makes new citizens

Discussion in 'Protest' started by JJ DIAMOND, Aug 16, 2005.

1. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

Have you heard the latest news, people from Mexico to Syria are fighting under the U.S. flag and our goverment wants to make them U.S. citizens and their familys, what are they thinking, do they actualy think these people are fighting for the cause. Their fighting for their own agenda "to become a citizen". I dont agree with the war in Iraq but I do support our troops and I wouldn't want to be fighting next to these guys. I guess people will do anything to get in the U.S.A. but thats a new one for me.

2. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

well hey, if they are willing to go to war for the country seems only fair that they are made citizens. Plus the military is in fairly desperate need for troops.

Besides, half the people there are reservists who just wanted some college money and ended up in combat, is that any better?

3. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

ya I get your meaning it just seems to me that they are fighting for the wrong reason, some of the troops believe in what threre doing. but it is a mixed up war so this kinda adds more too it ,thanks for the reply anyway.

4. seamonster66

I agree with you about the mixed up war part

5. voet

voet Member

why don't they end this war! I mean please, there's been fighting enough!

6. seamonster66

err, well bombing a country and then leaving it to fall into anarchy isn't really a good option either...I hate to say it, but they should try to secure the place, and rebuild the infrastructure before pulling out.

7. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

I totally agree with you are troops been over there long enough.

8. IronGoth

IronGoth Newbie

The French do the same thing. Fight for them and you get French citizenship.

9. JJ DIAMOND

JJ DIAMOND Member

I never knew that about the French, I thought it was Bush's idea, well anyway thanks man, and GREAT BIKE DUDE ROCK ON.

10. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

Reminds me of that scam way back in the late 70s or early 80s when U.S. Congressmen were taking money from Saudis and giving them citizenship in return. The FBI nailed some of the Congressmen. I forget the name of that scandal. ABSCAM? or something like that. Saturday Night Live even did a sketch about it.