introducing the topic of marijuana use to non users

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by killswitchjd, Apr 23, 2007.

1. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

whom? why? when?

who do you tell? good friends, family, strangers?
    why do you tell them? for what reason?
    when? 1 month of friendship, 2? 5? 1 year?
    how do you introduce the topic? Medical uses? Recreational?

im asking because i fucked this up with my mom. I tried to argue legalization with her in Mexico when i was drunk in front of everyone (pretty funny, right?). Anyways tell me your stories, i put this here for a better response than in activism.

2. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

I tell everyone I smoke bud, well anyone who seems like they wouldn't be all fuckin against it. I kind of poke at it until I get a response that signals to me that approaching that topic would be acceptable. I am shocked still at how many friends/family of mine that smoke and I didn't know until I started that convo.

3. Blithe

Blithe Member

They have to mention some sort of signal that they are cool with it, then I may openly talk about it infront of them.

4. jimaug87

jimaug87 Member

If there is a reason for someone to know i will let them know. Of course I am careful to not tell someone I work with that might rat me out because a lot of people smoke at work.

Whether its me asking them if they want in on the bowl I plan on smoking, or asking if they are holding, or they ask me for watever reason (I'm usually high when this happens) I'll let them know.

5. midnite702toker

midnite702toker Member

I don't ever bring it up or anything of that sort unless someone brings it up first. Ive told my mom how I think it should be legal and she says I can have my opinion but i still cant do it while I live in her house.

6. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I bring it up with all my friends! Infact I am pretty sure one of my goodey good friends isn't talking to me as often because of it. But hey, I smoke marijuana, and if they don't like me solely because i smoke then I don't need them as friends.

7. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

tru to that brother

8. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

how many 'friends' have i lost because they found out i smoke pot? i cannot disclose, but it's more than i would like to admit. they're all fuckers though. fuckem if they can't accept me. other than that i don't advertise because ive discussed legalization and medical uses with people i didn't know that well and one or two i found out were cops or worked for the police in some way. boy that woulda been awkward if i'd asked them to join me for a spliff

9. l-foote

l-foote L not i.

i let em know.
    most people know i'm a stoner anyways.

10. BudBill

BudBill Dark Helmet

I would use the medical use approach. Recreational use can be introduced later after it is understood how the myths are just that.

11. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I dunno, it just kinda comes up. I usually dont have a problem just telling people who are my age in school, but for adults/other people I just kinda either bring pot up randomly in some wierd context and see how they react, and then if they seem ok with it hten I mention me smoking, I dunno...I think most people probably think ima stoner anyways, they look at me and think"damn hippy" and then the pot signal goes off in their head...haha

12. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

well usually its just like:

so do you party?