Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Caelynn, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

Welcome to the Photography Forum! A place for photographers to come together and share both their knowledge of photography and the pictures that they have taken. Please take a moment to introduce yourself and share a self portrait.

I am Caelynn... though my real name is Madi :) I have been taking picture my entire life, even though it started out with stuffed animals and Barbie dolls. I recently got a job as a photographer at a studio by my house and I am really looking forward to being part of the team there. I also really enjoy Macro Photography!

[​IMG]

BenS Alaskan likes this.
  2. fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd Super Moderator

cool madi...glad to see your forum up and going...and looks like you are being met with a good response

introduction wise...well any body that has been around the forums knows me...I have been here awhile as fylthevoyd (Greg)...I'm an old school photographer...who is just starting out in the digital photo game....I have some of my work in my gallery here at hips...it is all old school (wet) work i.e.darkroom work

I already see you have some good photographers showing up here....CD for one Jamie is quite the photographer and you all should check out her work

good luck with your forum madi :D

3. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

Hey Greg, glad to see you stop by :) I too enjoy Jamie's work! I agree with Greg, everyone should check out her work!

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Hello---

The name's John. I've taken up the hobby of photography as a bit of a hobby. Maybe those better versed in this art can teach me a thing or two.

5. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

Welcome John! hopefully you can learn something here :) I took a look at your gallery and i really enjoy your lightning shots!

6. fylthevoyd

hey John...welcome dude :) I am sure you can pick up some pointers here...I will field any questions ...as long as it is pertaining to old school practices...cuz I am hoping some of these "youngin's" can give me an education in the digital field of photography :D since this computerized photography is quite a bit foreign to me

7. chuckf2000

chuckf2000 Member

My name is Chuck. I've taken probably 3,000 pictures in my life so far. None that great. Probably 1 in 300 is good enough to frame. Everyone I know seems to like my work but I don't see it. I to am just entering the digital world. I had a couple cheap digital snapshot cameras but I just recently bought a Nikon D40. I look forward to becoming a part of this forum.

8. amongst the elves

amongst the elves Member

Hi I'm Peter, and I am Amongst the Elves...literally!

This is my first post apart from the introduce yourself bit on the main forum and I'm going to be living in Iceland for the forseeable future :)

Been playing around with cameras for a few years now and I will put together a gallery for you over the next few days.

9. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

Hi. My name is Iliana, I've always liked photography and always found myself taking pictures of random things. Just now Im starting a photography class in my college and maybe by the end of it I can call myself a photographer :tongue:

10. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

Welcome Chuck, Peter and Iliana!! i hope you can all find something here to help you in your photographic endeavors! I can't wait to see photos from all of you!

11. fylthevoyd

Hey Madi...looks like your forum is really taking off :) welcome to all those who I have found their way here....also ..Madi... I am going to close out that forum in my personal forum...I mean I will leave it there and post a link to here...but it will be a closed forum..so the photo bugs will find their way here :) congrats again

12. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

alright, sounds good :)

i was super excited to come home yesturday and see new posts in nearly every thread!

13. Ursula Buendia

Ursula Buendia Member

Knock knock!
    :))

Hi there! I'm Anna and I'm dreaming of change my nickname to something else.. anyway.. I'm taking pictures when my dad is kind enough to lend me his camera.

And it seems like I'm one of the first joiners of this groovy place on the hipforums! :) cool

14. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

Welcome Anna!

15. Ursula Buendia

Ursula Buendia Member

Thanks Madi :)

16. chuckf2000

chuckf2000 Member

Is that one of the cows on the streets of chicago?

17. JethroZoso

JethroZoso Member

Hi Everyone,

Mick here. I study media production and communications. I will major in photography though. I'm 22 live in Dublin, Ireland.

Hope to vhat with you all soon! :)

18. chuckf2000

chuckf2000 Member

From your pic, I'm guessing, are you a member of the IRA?

It's great to have you. I look forward to seeing (and learning from) your work.

19. JethroZoso

JethroZoso Member

Thanks for the welcome Chuck. And no, I'm not apart of any terrorist organisations as of yet! :p

I look forward to seeing your photos too although I think you seen some of mine months ago when there was only a Art forum because you kindly replied to one of my topics I think :) So, do you have a Flickr account or something where I can see your photos?

This is mine if your interested...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mickflanagan/

Thanks

20. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Welcome JethroZoso! :D