Introduce Yourself!

Discussion in 'China' started by skip, Feb 4, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Welcome to all our visitors from China!

Please introduce yourself, tell us where you are from, what you do, if you are married or looking for love, what your life is like, etc.

You can also add any other contact methods in case this site gets blocked for you.

2. amourcathy

amourcathy Member

Thx skip start this thread . :)

Ok.let me tell something about me .

My name is Cathy n family name is Cen , this familyname is very rare in china . I fom South of china , Guang ZHou , there s another name for it ===> Canton . i speak cantonese fluently and i can speak English too.

U know my age , go to check my file..:jester: .. I will quit my job soon..and i never feel happy with any of my job . But jobless in China is danger ..hee hee

My life is quiet messing up at the moment for too many things just happened on me..

Not married yet . and watiting a nice guy to ' kinap' my heart away .. :)

3. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Cathy, is it hard to find a new job where you are? Is there a lot of competition (lots of people applying for each job?).

I'm sorry to hear your life is not settled.

I hear there are many more males than females now in China, so it should be a bit easier for you to find a guy than the other way around...no?

BTW, that's "kidnap" your heart... :)

I hope you don't mind occasional corrections so you can improve your English. :)

Question: How difficult is it for Chinese people to understand other dialects? Can Mandarin speakers understand Cantonese? Does everyone have to learn Mandarin now or is there no single official language in China?

4. amourcathy

amourcathy Member

5. chuangchuang

chuangchuang Member

Hi! This is Chuang Chuang. Newbie here. Been to Shanghai and Beijing and love it there. Think will visit China every year!!

Nice to meet y'all.

6. fool_leave

fool_leave Member

Hi,I'm Chinese,and now live in Shanghai.
    Skip,have you ever been to China?

Hooooo,It is very difficault for Chinese people to understand other dialects.And you can't believe it.One of my friend is from Hunan,he said he can't understand the dialect of the next village which is only 5 miles from his.~~~5 miles~~~wooooo

7. walstib

walstib Member

hello all, I have been in Xian since july 5th, I will be returning to the states on the 20th of august. I have been here on business. I must say the people here are some of the friendliest and most helpful people I have ever meet!!

My overall experience so far has been nothing short of great. I have been to see the Terracotta, Bell and Drum Towers, the Tang paridise, and today I am going to see the maolin temple. will be taking plenty of pics! Since I am here on business, I am working 6 days a week @ 12hrs a day, so Sunday is the only day I have to explore!! I try to make the most of it.

Gotta say the food is also very good, wonderful variety, and very spicy!! Americans eat very blandly in my opinion....Most dishes here are very flavorful, if not slightly odd. I have to erase the image of some things from my mind and try the food first, once I have tried it, i find that it is very good. Well time to explore!!!!

Peace!

8. recklessrick

recklessrick Member

I'm Recklessrick and I live in Dalian,P.R.C. It's a surprisingly nice place kind of reminds me of Vancouver B.C. a port city, with hills, and the streetcars,anything I need I can find here from waffles to motorcycles.The climate is cold right now and Manchuria looks very falllike, up north in Heilongjung, the leaves are changing and it is like New England or Ontario.I don't really miss the west that much I've been here a year.Anybody in the neighbourhood?

9. zjqdarren

zjqdarren Member

walstib, are you still in xi'an now?
    it's my hometown, but i 'm living in shenzhen now

10. murphee

murphee Member

Hey, all,
    I come from hubei province , but now I live in shanghai,
    I am a car engineer,
    Xi'an is a beautiful place

11. Resplendent Ragamuffin

Resplendent Ragamuffin Guest

Hello Everyone,
    I'm in Hunan province, near Zhangjiajie, teaching english for a year (you know the drill).
    Stayed in Xiamen for 6 months a couple years back, and I'v done some traveling in different parts of China. Lovely place, great food, friendly people, beautiful scenery and all that. Just trying to figure out what's 'hip' in China these days, anyone got any suggestions? What do you guys do for fun in the big red chicken? (please don't say KTV...:p)

12. stokv

stokv Member

Nice thread!
    I lived for about 2 and half years in Hong Kong and also travel a lot in many places in China and in Asia. Hong Kong is nice but some times a bit boring for long term stay, but easy to make short daily trips to Macau or Taiwan for a break!
    Because of my activity I had to travel a lot, so I never stay over two months without a trip.
    So Shenzhen and Guangzhu are nice and Shanghai also!
    I really thought Cantonese is very difficult for foreigners to learn, I arrive to learn only a few words which I think I can't remember any more! I feel Mandarine is much more easier for western people to learn, I met many foreigners Mandarine speakers but very less Cantonese speakers.