Introduce yourself!

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by Samhain, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

what brings you here?
    peace
    S

2. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

*Introduces self* Gender is something I have always been very much so interested in. So that is why I am here, just to hear others stories, and educate myself more.
    Good on ya for making this forum too. :) I hope it's helpful for people who are transexual
    or Transgender to have a place where they can be comfortable and have acceptance and to help those who are curious or don't understand it become more educated.

Dreaming guy likes this.
  3. Samhain

welcome, you seem to be becoming a friend of mine on here, which makes me glad!
    do feel free to make new threads and add to the ones we have already got!
    S

4. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

5. Samhain

Hi I am Samhain
    I co-moderate this forum with my friend erzebet1961, I am a gay man however I do consider myself to be on the transgender continuum (see this thread for definations http://www.hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188579) in that I consider my gender to be more female than male, although I am happy with the male body I have and wouldn't want to change it, the clothes I wear tend to be very feminine as is the way my personnality works, I can only really have a relationship with a man that is attracted to both men and women (in a long term relationship with a bisexual) because most gay men see that there is so much to me that isn't just feminine but very female.
    my pic if anyones interested
    [​IMG]

I started this forum as I am mod of the gay site, and while transexual people are as welcome to post in there as anyone else I did think that there was a gap, where transexual and transgender people and anyone else who is interested can have a safe place to be and discuss.
    so now we have one and what we make of it is entirley up to us!
    S

6. Kimmu

Kimmu Member

Hello!
    I just registered here because I was looking through the net for some international gay forums.
    I live in Sweden, and I'm a 19 years old transgender person.
    Since November last year I have called myself transgender, but I haven't really found the right words for the "exact" transgender definition on me yet.

But to make things short, I just read Samhain's post right over me here, and I found THAT is what I am, but opposite.
    I was born female but tend to feel more male, and I dress mostly unisex... I consider myself homosexual, because I like boys, but to me, if I'm gonna have a relationship with them, they should be bisexual, so that they can like both sides of me.

I have no intention of getting surgery or anything like that, all the changes I would possibly make on my body and mind I want to be natural, like training in all the ways, and dressing, hairstyle, and such.

In Sweden, where I live, there are a couple of open good forums for transgender people, but I want to make contact with other TG in other countries, to hear stories and get a view on how TG people live in different parts of the world. Gender issues have startet to interest me a lot, and this autumn I'm gonna read a 5 week long course in university taking up a lot of gender perspectives in human nature and such...

Hope to find some friends here and have a nice time with ye all..

Love and peace
    Kimmu

Dreaming guy likes this.
  7. Samhain

your very welcome here, please feel free to post and start new threads!
    also maybe you would like to read my defination thread in here, for more imformation
    again welcome
    S

8. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Greetings, I am erzebet,co- moderator with Samhain, I am a Bi- sexual female and mother to 4 grown children , the youngest , a son, is also bi- sexual , so,I pretty much see all sides of the gay issue, from my own point of view and that of a parent .
    I will do my best to keep the hate mongers out, and allow you all a safe place to talk.

peace

Dreaming guy likes this.
  9. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

I am not transgender or transexual, just a supporter. One of my best friends as a teenager, was I suppose describing himself in the way that Samhain has. However we were in high school in GA and there were things to be hidden. I think he was very brave with what he did show, he would wear make up and talk openly about the things he was interested in, he did not hide that, but he was developing and careful because he was picked on. He did not live with his parents, but a cousin and moved a lot b/c of lack of family support. He was very fun and caring, but also tortured inside, one day he moved and I never heard from him again and I was always worried about him. I always imagined if I saw him again, I might not recognize him because he would look a lot more like a woman than he did when I knew him.

He was a great friend, and I miss him and hope he's okay. I definately didn't let people pick on him when I was around, but I know it was very difficult for him. I just want more people to understand and be supportive.

10. Samhain

I think so far about 99% of people posting are are not transexual and I think thats great, because if this forum does nothing else it will be a good resource for people to learn more about (this still misunderstood) topic and how we can provide support for people we know who are transexual and transgendered.
    anyway welcome here honeyhannah, I look forward to reading your posts!
    S

Dreaming guy likes this.
  11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I'm not transgender/transexual, but I am supportive of those whom are. Just stopping by to wish Sam blessings for his new forum! Good luck, and much love!

{{{Hugs}}}

12. Samhain

thanks and this is also run by a very nice lady erzebet1961, you two have loads in common, I think you'd get on great!
    S

13. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Oh, sorry for missing props to you as well erzebet1961!

Hi! I hope to get to know more of you in the future! [​IMG]

{{{Hugs}}}

14. Adamness

Adamness Member

Hey, I'm Adam. I'm a 19 year old transguy from Maryland, living in Brooklyn, NY now. Pre-everything, but I came out and transitioned to living completely as a guy when I was 15 or so. Some people at work know, as do some of my friends, but I'm not out to everybody- not because I'd expect bad reactions, but because it's not something that needs to come up. I'm sorta an activisty type, but I havent been as into queer rights lately as I used to be.

15. Samhain

welcome and I'd love you to share your experinces on here Adam if you would like too
    S

16. Greetings.

I'm an F to M (ie. birth sex female, birth gender male). My explanation has always been that on the day I was created, the angels spilt coffee on the computer. :p

Good idea, opening this forum. Nice one you two. :)

Peace,

Bunbury.

17. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Hi Hippymommy, I have admired your posts from the first time I came on the forums..you have such a sweet heart and a human kindness that I admire and I am verry happy to see you on here ...we can use your insight !!!

love ya

erzebet

18. Samhain

welcome!
    S

19. PatchWorkKid

PatchWorkKid Member

I like dressing like a tomboy, and occasionally have thoughts of being a guy, but i am not a trensgender. I am hear to listen.

20. Samhain

and maybe a few wise words too when the mood takes you?
    welcome!
    S