internet love

Discussion in 'True Love' started by la Principessa, Aug 15, 2009.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

do any of you believe this is possible? does it ever work out?

2. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

I think it happens. And, I think it works....if it's love.

3. xhippykid

xhippykid Member

Sometimes it does and sometimes not so well. The internet is just another extension of social networking / dating.

4. metalgypsy

metalgypsy Member

One of my best friends met his wife online. They were together for about two years, had a kid, and then she left him totally randomly. So, possible? Yes. Does it work out? I doubt it.

5. xhippykid

xhippykid Member

Ouch. Sounds more like a shitty wife and not an internet problem. :mad:

6. nldn

nldn Senior Member

I think there can be people you correspond with or share views online, which are not friendships in my opinion.

7. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I believe it could work... But my last one didn't, lol.

8. TheMagneticHeadache

TheMagneticHeadache Banned

Love is always subject to interpretation. If you feel it, it's true. If you don't, it's not. I've honestly never tried it over the interwebs. Maybe I should.

9. odon

odon Slightly Popular

Online matchmakers eHarmony and Match.com claims 2% of last year’s US marriages were eHarmony couples.

10. la Principessa

I've had a few of them actually. One of them might have worked but something came up and I fucked it up, then he fucked it up too. lol

11. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Online seems one way to filter through folks for potential, but the final choice will have to be in person. After long interaction.

There's only one way to find out if they fart in their sleep. And only one way to find out how much you mind if they do.

12. la Principessa

i agree.

13. SamanthaHazelEyes

SamanthaHazelEyes Member

I met my boyfriend online. We've been together for quite a while now, and we're very much in love. We plan on moving in together soon.
    I've always been very sceptical of internet dating and all that, especially because of my love/hate relationship with computers. However, I say if it works, it works. :)

Real communication is a must though. It's simply impractical to think a successful relationship can be carried online with someone you've never met. That just doesn't make sense.

14. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

Yeah, sooner or later you must meet in person. But then even if you both plan to meet up at some point, the relationship could still end before it gets to that stage. Sucks when that happens.

At any rate, congratulations on your relationship's working out well! :)

15. randomguy16

randomguy16 Member

I'm in love with someone who lives about 2,000 miles away. I love her more than anything else, and she loves me more than anything else. I've never felt this way about anyone before, this girl is amazing.

So yes, online relationships do work out. Or at least, this one will. :)

16. la Principessa

glad to hear that kind of enthusiasm and confidence in the relationship. lovely, good luck :D

17. MaccaByrd

MaccaByrd Member

The internet poses a kind of barrier. As has been said, you need to meet to establish chemistry. But it's possible because it happens all the time. Tell you the truth, my ex and I pledged our undying love for each other and intention to stay together forever all over the phone before meeting. But I knew that the deal wasn't sealed until the moment of actual face to face contact. Luckily, that went pretty darn well (considering nerves) and we were together for 5 years!

18. la Principessa

awesome! any more "success stories"?

19. randomguy16

randomguy16 Member

I would actually like to continue upon what I said earlier by saying: I have never been happier. Our life plans even line up, and honestly, I can see myself spending it with her. We're exactly alike in so many ways.. never before have I been able to truly connect with someone. I feel like I've known her my whole life. The internet has actually made our relationship closer, because if not for it, I would've never had the confidence to talk to her, and even if I had, we probably wouldn't have been able to talk as much as we have. I have met love. :)

1 person likes this.
  20. MaccaByrd

MaccaByrd Member

Love this!