International Shipping

Discussion in 'Hip Business Network' started by hippiestead, Jun 1, 2006.

1. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Does anyone have any experience with international shipping from the US? So far the least expensive that we've found is the US post office.

2. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Yes, for most small packages the US mail is the cheapest, but not necessarily the fastest. UPS and Fedex go to most countries as well, but you will pay much more for shipping thru them. The advantage is they usually expedite shipments thru customs so they rarely get held up there. That could make a big difference timewise. But who wants to pay that much?

3. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

The Fed-Ex shipping was as much as the item the person wanted! If someone wanted a shirt, they'd pay more for the sipping than for the shirt!

But after hearing that decent tie-dyers are rare in the UK, maybe we'll just have to visit the UK with a couple of duffle bags of tie dyes....:)

4. Tipo Sensuale

Tipo Sensuale Senior Member

I am not sure about the lack of availiability of tie-dyed products in the UK but good luck to you.

With the cost of FedEx shipping, it is worth while exploring if your friends work for a company with an interline discount (airlines, fedex companies, and many others) the discount amounts to between 33% and 75% depending on the company.
    When I used to work for them FedEx also offered bulk discounts to many companies with a FedEx account.

5. omgimmatt

omgimmatt Visitor

I think DHL is the most reliable and fastest way to go, it's not the cheapest but definately the best in my opinion.