Interlocken festival

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by BlueLightRain, Jun 20, 2013.

1. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

hey,

I am planning on going to the Interlocken fest in Virginia. The line-up looks great and Virginia is beautiful. Has anyone been to this fest? I want to know about the police presence and what the festival grounds are like. I went to all good the last couple of years and it was pretty shitty. The lineup was great but the staff made me hate it.

2. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i think it's the first one

3. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

oh, that would make sense why I can't find much info on it.

4. wallace2112

wallace2112 Member

The lineup is fuckin nuts

5. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Yeah! I'm sooo excited!! 3 nights of Furthur!!!

6. Desos

Desos Senior Member

yea looks awesome. too bad the price already went up 50 dollars though. damn tier sold out.

7. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I'm gonna be going to this. My friend has a few seats on his RV so my roommate, dog, and myself are gonna have a seat. RV makes the 10 hour drive nothing but a pre-party :)

I hope there won't be any issues with me bringing the dog.

8. LetLovinTakeHold

Ok I just read up on their website, and pets aren't allowed. This really bums me out :(. In order for me to go to this I'm skipping a festival that I haven't missed since 2005, and I've been bringing my dog for the 4 years she's been alive. Oh well, I want to experience something new and this lineup looks amazing. I won't have too many chances to see Niel young.

It also says you can't bring charcoal, only gas grills are permitted. Which sounds like bullshit to me. Charcoal is the only way I cook camping/festivaling. I have my homemade charcoal grill that I always take. I wonder how serious they are about this?

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Dude, they have to limit fire danger.
    I've been in production for many a festival in fire zones. It's serious shit. Violations can mean a no when they apply for permits the following year.
    Do you want to be the jerk who killed the festival?

On dogs. You dog does not want to go on tour.
    Your dog wants comfort, shade, water, climate control, food available when she wants it, and you.
    She does not want to be in a big strange place, with people acting all kinds of crazy, loud, shrill noises (starting with feedback, bit a Fest creates lots of noises that bother animals' hearing).
    People leave dogs behind at shows. I'm not saying you would do that, but it does happen, I fostered several pups left behind at Red Rocks. In the summer heat.
    Some dogs are aggressive, some get scared easily, most will be territorial at a campground.
    An organizer can't say "only well behaved dogs, because everyone will say their dog is perfect. And that simply isn't the reality.

Get a kick ass pet sitter who will spoil your pup with attention and love and sneaked treats.
    It's like visiting a good grandma for dogs.

10. LetLovinTakeHold

Lol of course I don't want to be the jerk of the fest. I guess I'm more accoustomed to smaller fests where pretty much everything goes as long as you don't steal or fight. The one I am debating on missing for interlocken will have fires at half the camp sites and plenty of dogs running around like its a giant dog park. No problems have ever came from it in the 15+ years they've been doing it. Guess that's a Benifit of the smaller fests. Although they are now charging for pets because of people leaving them behind and what not.

I still don't want to have to buy a gas grill.....I hate gas grills.

I'm having second thoughts and may stay local where there aren't so many rules.

11. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

3 nights of Furthur sold me, and Neil Young took the cake

looking at the schedule, it actually looks like Furthur may be playing FOUR sets :drool5:

If Furthur was touring and not playing 10 night runs in New York or California, I might question going, but considering it's been nearly two years since I've seen them I'm not missing this. (are these 10 night runs in two states bothering anyone other than me? lol SPREAD THE LOVE)

12. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

I agree vibes! I wish they would spread it around a bit. Not everyone can go to red rocks on a whim. This will be my first run of Dead music.

13. wallace2112

wallace2112 Member

Furthur, Govt Mule, SCI and WSP is worth the ticket alone, not to mention Neil Young and the Black Crowes. Jam band heaven

What festival were you talking about? And I heard they are doing no overlapping sets, like All Good, which is awesome

14. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

I spent years thinking the Grateful Dead was nothing special, even after friends tried to show me their music, it took seeing Phil Lesh and Friends live (All Good 2008) that peaked my interest, and made a fan out of me.
    You are in for a treat. It was seeing Furthur play All Good 2 years later, in 2010, that made me a Dead Head. (that was my 2nd ever Furthur show)

Every time Furthur plays I feel Jerry around, this will be an exciting time for all! I've seen them 7 times so far, and I'm yearning for more!

I hadn't picked up on this yet, but am happy to hear it :daisy:

15. LetLovinTakeHold

Terrapin Hill Harvest Festival.

They also have no overlapping sets.

This year they are having 3 fests, spring, summer (this weekend), and fall. The Harvest is the same weekend as Interlocken and is the biggest of the 3.

16. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i hope we can get some late night jams at this festival. until the sun comes up. maybe furthur, or neil young, or string cheese late night jams.

17. wallace2112

wallace2112 Member

Is anyone else gonna be playing or is that the full lineup? If Umphrey's gets added, this is a must see festival for anyone

18. Desos

Desos Senior Member

says more TBA.

19. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Jimmy Cliff!

20. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Bought my Tickets!!!