interesting theory

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by NaturalMysticYum, May 15, 2004.

1. NaturalMysticYum

NaturalMysticYum Member

me and this girl were talking about trends and pousers and such, and it kinda hit me that theres no such thing as a pouser. Because people do what they want to do, like if they want to be punk or whatever little classification they want to be accepted in, they could come across as being a pouser, but really it would be what they wanted to do, and even if what they were doing seemed fake sell outish to you, its still how they feel like being, even if there doing it just to be cool,or fit in, its still kinda them... because if they didnt want to do it they wouldnt....and its just them shining thru,if that makes since at all, i know im not the most articulate person in the world but hopefully it came thru a little bit.
    then a while ago i was watching this thing on tv about "trend finders" or something, it was about fashion people who would go out and find the originall kids, with a style of their own, and take picuters n shit then go and market it and make it main stream, OH MAN was i pissed. that would suck so bad if something you came up with became cool and everyone was wearing it.. arhg.... anyway.. thats all sorry if that came out as a rant.. which it kinda was... oh well.

peace

2. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

i agree with your theory...and about something you did came popular..well i went to school with swimin trunks...and now every1 wants to wear swimming trunks to school...

3. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

you forgot to ask, WHY do they want to be punk?

is that their true self?

do you see a website with an "Old punks" forum? lol.

4. NaturalMysticYum

NaturalMysticYum Member

cant say i saw it. there being punk becuase obviously something inside wants to be. even if there the HUGEST "pouser" they cant be thinking "OMG I HATE PUNKS I HOPE THEY ALL DIE" or they wouldnt be expressing themselves like that, its all just how people want to be....your not going to buy clothes if you dont like them, your not gunna buy cds that u dont like and you arnt going to accept ideas you dont agree with, well i guess accepting ideas happens alot, but thats just cause ppl are scared to think.. but thats a tottaly different subject.

5. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

your still forgetting why they want to buy those clothes, or why they want to be like that?

do they have a sincere, genuine interest in this punk thing?

most of the time, i think your answer will be no.

6. kier

kier I R Baboon

posers do things to look good

be it wearing clothes, listening to certain music....but surely we all sometimes want to look good? just some more than others :eek:

7. underwhelmed

underwhelmed Member

i saw that documentary too!!! talk about a lifeless job.

and w/ your theory...thanks for stating that. i now will never call someone a poser again.. seirously. its a good theory

8. Dizzy Man

Dizzy Man Member

What the heck is a pouser?

9. SeveredNebula223

SeveredNebula223 Member

Sounds like this theory is sort of groundless. Its just a justification so that people will be able to lie to themselves and think they are still being unique.

10. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Ditto :)

Not that I really care what people do. It is so utterly pathetic how obsessed people (teenagers in particular) are with being cool and fitting it. They are so self absorbed.

TTFN

Sage

11. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

A mispelling of poseur

Poseur: Noun
    One who assumes affected attitude to create impression.

As in those annoying types who think they are hippys not because they practise any of the values, but because tie dye is in fashion.

TTFN

Sage

12. Dilapidated

Dilapidated Member

I agree with that theory. It really irks me when I hear someone call someone else a poseur because even if they ARE wearing clothes that millions of other people labeled as 'punks' are wearing, they are wearing them on their own accord, they aren't choosing another mainstream label like 'prep' because they identify most with 'punk'.

13. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Hey, maybe these people just like the clothes. Maybe they just say to themselves: "Hey these close look good on me. I like 'em!" Peoples at my school mostly just wear what they wear.

14. SapphireSerenity

SapphireSerenity Member

That's true... I agree with you.. !! :)

~ Sapphire

15. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

Emos are prolly the worst but I'm not one to judge being I'm an open minded person. I don't want them judging me for being a hippie, so I won't judge them for being emo....

16. Green

Green Iconoclastic

A poser is somebody who does something not because they want to but instead because its what other people are doing AND they are doing it just to get those people to like them.

That being said, everyone is a fucking poser.