Interesting Question

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by mynameisjake07, May 24, 2006.

1. mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07 Banned

If there is life on other planets in solar systems do the "creatures" there believe in a higher being known as God or do they view life as simply a decaying process which we all must go through?

2. r33f3r_m4dn3ss

r33f3r_m4dn3ss Member

good question, too bad no one can answer that

3. pop_terror

pop_terror Member

The universe is so ginormous...both situations probably exist somewhere.

4. pop_terror

pop_terror Member

It can be argued that everything is merely speculation, but I don't want to. I'm just throwing that point out there... Semantics, you know? Basically I'm saying the Universe is a really big place and, I think, rich with life.

Even if it isn't, given the law of conservation of energy...who knows how many universes have existed? Just this one, maybe, and maybe only Earth has life...but that would make us incredibly unique. I think universes have been around literally forever. And if life can happen once it can happen an infinite number of times, which I think implies that all possible scenarios have played out.

5. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

There is evidence of life outside the planet, or at least that life could exist in space. We already know that the building blocks of life do exist in space, meteorite samples have shown this. We've even seen evidence of microorganisms on Mars.

quick google:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life#Extraterrestrial_life_in_the_Solar_System
    http://archives.cnn.com/2000/TECH/space/12/14/mars.life/index.html

I'm an atheist and I don't believe in the supernatural, UFO's, anything like that. I don't believe in god. However, I dont think that it is unreasonable to believe that life might exist elsewhere in space. I think there is a good chance that it does in some, or many forms. I wouldn't expect any intelligent life that may be out there to believe in the gods humans do, though. There is no reason to think they would believe in any at all.

6. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

There is plenty of evidence for extra-terrestrial life. To consider us an absurd phenomenon is absurd in itself.

As far as the religious nature of other conscious beings? How could one know unless one has talked to them?

If everything is spirit, I suppose there'd be a multitude of possibilities. One, that they'd be scientific and analytical, viewing the world through math, equations and data, or highly spiritual beings, viewing it through their own lense of faith.

Even still, there could be integrated both science and religion.

This is all speculation, and is based upon observations of our own species. We've got a melting pot.

7. Kharakov

Kharakov ShadowSpawn

I wouldn't be too sure about that if I were you.

8. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

Have you ever heard of unicorn fossils? Neither have I.

9. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

should aliens be kind to us , then there is god ? one may as well tho have a kind encounter with a wild bird to judge this true . what is the cause of inter-specie kindness ? what connects ?