Interesting destinations!

Discussion in 'Africa' started by agaba, Mar 6, 2008.

1. agaba

agaba Member

Uganda being refered to as the "Pearl of Africa" is one of the interesting destinations on the African continent. With it's stunning lush in National parks,magnificient lakes and Rivers plus the unbelievable landscape creat the stand of being a destination for most visitors to Africa.
    While here, one has an opportunity of doing different activities that would leave him/her with memories.
    One can track the World's biggest tailless apes(Mountain gorillas) in Bwindi, go Game Viewing in the different National parks that you will encounter alot of Wild life.......i really love adventure and hey talk of chilling in the Wild and watch life go by; i like that.
    If you are some one who loves birds, i guess you will have found the right place-Queen Elizabeth boosts of around 600 bird species alone excluding other Parks in the Country can you imagine!
    I hate it when it comes to Water because i really have phobia for H2O but amazingly,my Visit to the top of the Mighty Murchison falls left me awestruck....may i say that was the end of my PHOBIA; No; it's just that it was extraordinary!
    Lots and Lots of stunning things are here that can leave you with unforgetable memories and if you ever look of Interesting destinations in Africa - Uganda is amongst those you can visit.
    The People there???????? This is a big matter to most travellers but it's one of the first countries on the African continent with the most hospitable people..........it's better one visits than hearing alone.

cheers.

2. spinningtop

spinningtop Member

Oli otya, agaba! I just got back from Kampala myself, it's an amazing place isn't it? I was based there for a few months with an NGO and spent most of that time in the city itself, so seeing the mountain gorillas will have to wait for my next trip. I have to agree that the people there are the most hospitable in Africa, despite poverty, AIDS, civil war etc, I found everyone so warm and open.

There are also lots of opportunities to get involved in Ugandan life if you're there for a longer time - and this is probably way easier in the city - which adds to the experience and you learn so much about the place. You can volunteer with an organisation (please, if it's with a church just be mindful of the issues of AIDS, women's reproductive health and domestic violence Ugandans are living with, I spent my time helping to undo a ton of damage done by well-intentioned but essesitally ignorant post-colonial christian missionaries), or with a tourism group, teaching.

Anyway, for anyone thinking of travelling to east or southern Africa I can thoroughly recommend Uganda! Happy and safe travels

3. arlia

arlia Members

wasuze otya nyo mwanyinaze.
    nkwagala Uganda :)
    I havnt been back there in about 2 years, but I love the country.
    My Dad grew up near Kampala in Namirembe and numutumba.

Yes Uganda is beautiful and the food there is gorgeous.
    I miss Matooke and engege

4. spinningtop

spinningtop Member

Kale nyabo! I have got a wicked craving for Matooke and chappatis :)

5. arlia

arlia Members

Ndi musanyufu :)
    luckily I have a buganda friend who lives close to me and we go buy matoke and
    such things from London now and again.
    :)

6. daren22

daren22 Members

Paris is one of the most famous place for me because its my curious and want to know more about the Paris,peoples are friendly there many places in Paris are comfortable and ever reliable..

7. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

Old thread, but I'm curious: did anyone here actually see a gorilla in the wild in Uganda? They're so difficult to spot.