Insufflated Morphine

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by marmot, Aug 25, 2004.

1. marmot

marmot Member

I have three pills of what I believe to be 30mg of Morphine Sulfate Extended-Release Tablets (small purple pill with 30 on one side and M on the other). Anyway, I've never taken morphine before so I'm wondering what a good dosage would be if I snorted the pills. I've heard that taken orally morphine is a huge waste and that snorting it may be a bit more of an effective method of administration. To give you an idea of my opiate tolerance, or lack of, I usually require 30mg-40mg of hydrocodone to feel any sort of buzz. I've tolerated doses up to 60mg-70mg before, though that wasn't administrated all at once.

I just want to do all of this safely. I don't want to be one of those kids that crushes up an 180mg oxy pill and snorts it all and dies (a really stupid thing to do). So if you could give me advice as to dosage, whether or not to crush it, snort it, eat it, etc, would be kindly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

Im not sure if you can insufflate morphine sulfate. Or at least, im not sure that sulfate salts will absorb very well in the mucus membranes.

3. lnghaird_cntryB0Y

lnghaird_cntryB0Y Member

dude, do NOT snort morphine. my friend once got a pill and tried to snort it. i ate mine, and got plenty fucked up. But no, he wanted to get even more faded. Im telling you, when he snorted that pill the entire right half of his face turned red and his right eye started pouring out tears. He just put his face in his hand and started blowing out with his nose, it hurt so bad. He just kept saying "do NOT snort morphine"... he said it burned worse than anything he'd ever snorted... and besides i've heard that morphine is one of the hardest opiates on your tissues, people that eat the pills still complain of bad stomach burning, even when their already fucked up on the morphine which is a painkiller(so u'd think it'd take away the pain). you have to remember, morphine is different than say oxycontin wich is codein based, or a derivitive of codeine. The two painkillers in opium are morphine and codeine, from which most of our known painkillers come from. They are similar in effect and the opiate receptors taht are effected, but are different in chemical makeup and dosage. So be careful, if u really want to feel it i would parachute it. This is done by crushing up the pill, and putting it in a thin envelope of tissue paper, and then swallowing the whole thing. in my experience, it hits u pretty quick this way too.

4. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

You can definitely sniff morphine sulfate. I've done it before. lnghaird_cntryB0Y, I don't know what the hell your friend was talking about when he said it burned, it always seemed pretty smooth to me.

Start with about 20 mg. then work your way up by 5 mg. or so intervals.

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

This is inaccurate. Codeine, Opium and Morphine and Heroin are derived directly from opium. Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, fentanyl, propoxyphene and methadone are synthetic opiates. Means they didn't come directly from Opium, but the chemical structure of O was synthisized in a lab. (this is actually cheaper than opium itself.) The results and side effects vary from drug to drug, but are VERY similar. Fent lasts a short amount of time, propoxyphene has little pain killing activity, but strongly effects your respiratory system, codeine is terribly constipating, You take fent in micrograms, other opiates are usually measured in milligrams, which vary from drug to drug, which actually makes fent the "strongest" at least in terms of effect per amount.

As for snorting it, I couldn't tell you.

6. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

Not quite true. It's synthesized from morphine, which comes directly from opium.

7. Maggie Sugar

No, not "synthisized" but extracted. H IS not a synthetic opiate.

8. lnghaird_cntryB0Y

lnghaird_cntryB0Y Member

no, there are 4 or 5 diff. drugs in opium. they are codeine, morphine, thebaine and a few others. codein and morphine are very similar and are the pankillers that you get from opium. the rest are low acting stimulants, which is why smoked opium gives u that buzz. so, you can isolate codeine and morphine and work off of that. morphine based drugs are generally stronger than codeine based drugs, which is why hydromorphone(dilaudid) is much stronger than hydrocodone (vicodin). they all came from the same plant (opium poppies) but morphine and codein based drugs ARE different. And, heroin is a synthetic drug. its chem. name is diethyl-morphine. it is morphine with two added ethyl groups which make the drugs move through the body 4 times as fast, which is responsible for the "hit" associated with shooting heroin. The speed of the drug accounts for how powerful and addictive it is

9. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

afsik, Heroin is not truely synthesized from morphine, but it is not simply extracted. I could very well be wrong tho. Heroin is different compound from morphine. You could say that it is derived from morphine, but not quite synthesized. And many drugs have that "hit" or rush when ived, but that is not due to how fast it is moving. Any thing that is injected has a rush or a fast "hit" of somesort. The reason for h's addictiveness is that when heroin is done, it releases alot more dopamine than normally released by the brain. After some time, the body gets used to the higher levels of dopamine and requires h or something else to release it so the brain can function properly. But i may be wrong, and please correct me if i am.

10. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Diacetylmorphine, or heroin, was first synthesized from morphine in 1874. It is formed simply by adding two acetyl groups. Heroin is around three times more potent than morphine. Its increased lipid solubility allows heroin to cross the blood-brain barrier more quickly. The drug is reconverted back to morphine before it binds to brain-tissue receptors. Pure heroin is a white, odourless powder with a bitter taste. Most illicit heroin, however, varies in color from white, pink/beige to dark brown. This is because of impurities left from the manufacturing process or the presence of additives.

11. PhotoGra1

Codeine is an alkaloid obtained from opium or prepared from morphine by methylation. Some opiates come from a resin taken from the seed pod of the Asian poppy. This group of drugs includes opium, morphine, and codeine. Other opiates, such as meperidine (Demerol), are synthesized or manufactured.
    Opium is the name for the latex produced within the seed pods of the opium poppy, Papaver somniferum. The plant is believed to have evolved from a wild strain, Papaver setigerum, which grows in coastal areas of the Mediterranean Sea. Through centuries of cultivation and breeding for opium, the species somniferum evolved. Today, P. somniferum is the only species of Papaver used to produce opium. Opium contains morphine, codeine, noscapine, papaverine, and thebaine. All but thebaine are used clinically as analgesics to reduce pain without a loss of consciousness. Thebaine is without analgesic effect but is of great pharmaceutical value due to its use in the production of semisynthetic opioid morphine analogues such as oxycodone (Percodan,Percocet,Oxycontin), hydromorphone (Dilaudid), and hydrocodone (Vicodin,Lortab,Lorcet). Papaverine supposedly has analgesic properties. I have only every dispensed it for penile injection for erectile dysfunction.
    Hope this helps clear everything up...

12. Maggie Sugar

Youre right, Eddie, "derived" is a better word than extracted. :)

Thanks for the pharmacology lessson, Photo! :D

13. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

whats up with grinding these pills up and microwaving them with water? my friends did it all the time and said it fucked him up mass faster than eatin em.

14. PhotoGra1

Grinding them up removes the time-release coating, if any. Heating them in water dissolves them, so you don't have to wait for them to dissolve in your stomach. Your stomach acid, however, dissolves pills very quickly. I wouldn't bother. Some people like to go through a drug ritual, I think that is mostly what this is.

15. Sardonios

Sardonios Member

Yup. DI-ACETYL-morphine is simply morphine with two acetyl groups added to it. This makes it cross the blood-brain barrier more easily. I believe this was accomplished by Bayer.

16. anonymous_nut

anonymous_nut Member

you can definately snort morphine sulfate and it isnt bad on the nose at all. morphine is probably my favorite opiate of the ones ive tried.

edit: yes, bayer did accomplish that, and because morphine had bad withdrawals. well they did make fools out of themselves.

17. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

morphine sucks just as bad snorting then it does swallowing it.. Its all because of bioavialabiltiy rate with morphine.. The really only true effective way to use morphine is the IV route, otherwise your gonna end up having to take a shit load of morphine to get just a lil hight....and i wouldn't bang morph anyways cuz most the morphine pills out there dont break down too easily...if u do happpen to get some and they are free or really cheap i wouls say just crush em up and parachute em, maybe snort em if they are the instant release ones!

18. ogballa412

ogballa412 Guest

shit ive been snortin dat shit for a long ass time im on it now haha get 60 mgs pills snort em do it for a week stop for a week so ur dumb ass dont turn into a fuckin addict just start up the next week my homie just shoots the shit up damn shit makes u happy as hell but if u hit that shit to hard u cant piss at all or cum in a bitch good birthcontrol I say haha damn im typin too much peace homies

19. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

id just eat em. u can definitely rail it if u really want to but i dont really like snorting morphine, or any thing in general, so i tend to eat them more.

20. Verisimilitude

Verisimilitude Member

I just want to say how thankful I am that we have people like Maggie Sugar and PhotoGra1 on this site. I always appreciate accurate pharmacological information, and it is important, especially with opiates, to always know what you are dealing with and to have the correct information.

As for snorting M, insufflation has a better absorbtion rate than oral ingestion, but the bioavailability is still significantly less than IV. If I were you I would look up a previous post someone wrote about dissolving some MS Contin pills into a saline solution then using a nasal spray bottle to insufflate it - that way the sulfides and binders in the pill dont get caught up in the mucous membranes in your nasal pasages and block the absorbtion of the morphine.

Good luck, and be safe,

-V