Inspiring People

Discussion in 'People' started by cutelildeadbear, Jan 14, 2005.

1. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

I have an assignment for my Oral Communications class to give a 3-5 minute speech about someone inspiring. Well, either I've completely overanalyzed this assignment, as I often do, or I really cannot think of anyone who has inspired me. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm definitely going to have to come up with my own person, and I think that perhaps I have got some people in mind. But I thought I'd pose the question to others and see whom everyone else is inspired by. I was thinking that maybe if others started then it could get my mind moving, instead of freaking out about this. I wish I weren't such a perfectionist.

Thanks. I look forward to learning about some new inspiring people. :)

Jen

2. The Other Guy

The Other Guy Member

John Lennon definitely inspired me. It all just started with liking The Beatles, but learning more about this man's life has really done a lot for me. It made me appreciate, and for a big part discover, the hippy ideals and values.

John Lennon is probably the man who put me on the train of thought I am on today. I would pick someone who has helped shape my opinions and values.

3. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Thanks for responding. Apparently no one else in the forums has been inspired. How sad.

4. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

For me, there are plenty of people who are inspiring, but I haven't yet used that inspiration that to do the things I should do. I've heard a lot of what Chuck D has said, and I'm inspired by him. When I think of Mr. Brooks, one of my college professors, I'm often inspired because we share a lot of the same values. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get in contact with him.

5. Peregrine

Peregrine Member

My Dad. He acquires people so easily. And people confide in him like they would a psychiatrist. Merely his smile encourages and inspires, but it is the way he touches people's lives with his caring and his words. My hero for sure :) i'm so proud of him my heart wants to burst! i learned from him that even though there are so many paths and religions and creeds that lead here and there and everywhere, what this sad old world needs is simply love.

6. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

Swami Vivekananda is awesome!

7. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

8. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Hey Beachbum, aren't you inspired by Ani D.? Everytime I've read a post by you, you have her pic as your sig. She's only one of the many people who inspire me. I get inspired alot by different people, places and experiences. Too many to list here.

9. Mystic Echo

Mystic Echo Member

I would say anyone is inspiring who is True to themselves and honors this planet by being individual and Walking their OIwn Walk. People that go on to do great things and be successful after having it really hard and not being given anything on a "Silver Platter."
    Anyone that has went from foodstamps to stamping checks for other productive people.

That is true courage,determination, and inspiration to me....

10. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Alex Grey...He's been my favorite artist for a while but I just saw him last night talking about his artwork, spirituality, and life. He is truly inspiring.

11. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

My aunt. Almost a year ago, she got into a major car accident. She almost died. She went in and out of a coma for almost two months. She's still recovering from her injuries. She recently got an infection in her leg so severe, there's a good chance she might have to lose it. Yet, somehow, she's handled it all so well. Not saying she hasn't gotten upset about it, obviously she has, but the way she's just excepted it and maturely handled it intead of just freaking out and giving up is really inspiring.

12. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I really don't know why I didn't mention Ani D. Not only have I grown to love her music, but I have an enormous amount of respect of her. Oh, and I got her autograph once... :)