insence problem hmm

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by mellow_hendrix, Jan 1, 2005.

1. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

ok so i burn incense in my bedroom but my parents have said im not aloud to burn it anymore, they say its cos it stinks the house out which i dont believe cos i can only smell it in my room and nowhere else, i think the real reason is they think i smoke cannibis and am trying to cover the smell which i dont.

any ideas on how i can get em to lay off and let me burn the stuff again, i miss the smell of strawberry and nag champa lol

2. SurfhipE

SurfhipE Senior Member

my parent's think the same thing, keep doing it, and maybe they will grow used to it..

but, if they don't even allow you to do it, you can sit in your car and burn them, it's what I do..or, just get them to like the smell too. :) good luck with that

3. Frog_On_Ice

Frog_On_Ice Watercolor Paradise

My parents are where I found I liked it & burn my own in my room they always burn it have tons of the stuff lol no one in my familly likes the stuff you can spray air freshner thats it its horrible lol, my Grandad burns incense also sometimes :)

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Im not supposed to burn mine, but I do when my parents arent home.

5. moondream

moondream Member

Aww, it bites when you can't burn your incense. They give my dad a headache so I rarely burn them. I wish I could burn them in my dorm room, but there's some kind of fire hazard safety violation thing that won't allow it. Though I never thought of the car...haha, that's a good idea.

6. caffinateddrummer

caffinateddrummer Member

my mom thinks its cool to burn insence
    my dad bought me my insence holder

i wouldn't dare smoke pot in my house
    even with insence.

7. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

damn i dont own a car ( cant drive till im 17 here in england :( ) ah well fuck it ill just keep burnin it lol cheers for the help tho

8. shinta

shinta Member

my parents think the same,I can only do it when they're not home

9. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

how about asking if they think you are covering pot smells?
    THat should let you say, hey, I'm not defiling your home that way, it really is just incense (and be truthful to that. In the states, a kid getting busted *can* cause the parents to lose a home if enough is found) is there a way you can burn some at certain times or with a windo open part way? (leave a curtain over the window so some smoke does stay in the room.
    My son doesn't like my heavier incense, so common areas of the home have lighter herbal smells (our biggie this month was lemongrass) and he likes an oil warmer.
    That could be an option for you, either coming up with a scent they can live with or using an oil warmer. Nag Champa blue makes an oil.
    also, if your parents' issue really is the wafting through the house, will a barely damp towel at the bottom of the door help?
    how about burning it when they are not there to be bothered by the heavy part of the scent? sure, some will linger (like cig somoke) but its a lot less likely to trigger congestion. I get asthma attacks from certain incenses and often have to leave shops that are currently burning it.
    come to some agreement that works for everyone. Sure, its their house, but all you are asking is a small bit of enjoyment.

10. kier

kier I R Baboon

maybe if you burned less? im guessing you keep your door shut, if you get a door that shuts really well you can burn incense without smoking the whole place out, which thankfully my door at uni does :D or try and find some incense that both you and they like :)

11. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

who is that naked man sticking it in my assd

12. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

woah. i thought it said Incest Problem

13. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have an incest problem. [​IMG]

14. smellyhairyhippie

smellyhairyhippie Member

my parents yell at me too, keep a window open or have a fan on to let the smoke circulate, or just burn it somwhere where they dont go often like i usually burn in the basement.

15. rhasta.penguin

rhasta.penguin No more hippy...ugh

my parents dont allow me to burn insence because "they went to all the hippy shops in san fransico when they were younger, and got sick of the smell".

i even got a nifty insence holder just sitting on my desk that hasent been used...had it for at least 4 years.

16. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

rhasta penguin in reference to your sig - i actually know a fox that steals from my bins i call him barry

17. lady

lady Member

maybe you just have to try to respect the people youre living with. my mother can't stand any kind of artificial smell, so i know how you feel. also, if you have any pets, it isn't too kind to subject them to the smoke either, so try to think of it as a positive. use hot oils as an alternative maybe. theyre not as strong and better for the indoor enviroment. plus, a bottle of oil and a lamp ring will go a lot longer.