Innocent slip of the tongue.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by wilsjane, Jan 12, 2019.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Have you ever been in this situation or on the receiving end of someone blurting something out before thinking what they were saying.?

My best example, was the night that I was having a cup of coffee at Jane's flat after one of our first dates.
    She suddenly blurted "Don't spend all night drinking that coffee, I want to go to bed".
    Needless to say, she was not inviting me to join her, but we still laugh about it 40 years later.

What was your funniest experience.

2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Plenty of times on receiving end and making a slip of the tongue. I don't recall them well. I usually forget them after a while.

I do remember one because i felt bad about it afterwards. It was a few years back. I was conversing with a pregnant woman. And i guess the conversation steered towards people. And i remember expressing some annoyance with too much people around and said something along the lines of "i really wish people would stop having kids, the last thing we need is more people in this world." She seemed to have handled it well. Like she didn't get mad or anything. But it was one of those comments that i felt bad and stupid about afterwards.

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Sorry that it has taken a while to reply, their seems to be a fault and I got no notification.
    What happened t you is so easy. She was talking about her baby, while you were being distracted by a load of kids. It is funny in hindsight.

Another thing that we still laugh about was the evening when our son was 5. His friend had a newborn baby brother and or son called me out of the room for a private chat.
    In a slightly sheepish voice he said. "Will you sex mom tonight, I want a baby brother too". After a few seconds, he added, "Do it properly, I don't want a stupid sister"
    He never got his wish and ended up with 2 sisters. The problem was that they both seem to think that he is the stupid one.
    PS, he will be 40 in a few months time, but we still laugh about it.

4. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

No worries.

Not even. I forgot how the conversation steered towards people or general population. We weren't talking about babies because it would've been unlikely to slip my mind that she was pregnant at the time. I felt bad because she was always nice to me and i felt like i might have came off like jerk.

The last one you mentioned was funny.

wilsjane likes this.
  5. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Not too long ago I was trying to explain anti-jokes to someone.
    The first example that popped into my mind was: "What is Mary short for?"

"Because she has no legs!!!"

And just as I was midway through delivering the punch line I realized that the person I was talking was a double amputee.

Like, I could see the awkwardness that ensued happening from outside of myself.

EloiseAtThePlaza likes this.