Infra red?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by WeeDMaN, Oct 2, 2005.

1. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Do infra red sensors that the police use to find indoor ops jus pick up the lights? Or the plants temp too? because Ive noticed alot of police planes flying over the city lately (infra red since its flowering time I guess). And I will be growing my plants inbetween several vegetables n such in my yard in a green house next year, and I wouldnt want the 5-0 finding them. Could someone explain this to me?

2. If.

If. Member

Im pretty sure Infrared sensing just enables someone to sort of see in the dark, and also see heat sources(like people or automobiles), and I think they use it for detecting hot spots in homes, where they would think someone is possibly growing.

"The FLIR camera takes an image of the thermal energy or heat radiating from the outside of a building. It can detect heat sources within a home depending on the location of the source and how well the house is insulated, but it cannot identify the exact nature of the source or see inside the building.

Essentially, the camera is a device that photographs heat instead of light."Cannabis News

3. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

The pigs need a warrant to point an infrared detector at your house.

In any case, it shows and possibly measures a heat source, but does not positively identify it. In other words, a warrant cannot be issued on the basis of an infrared scan alone.

Quit worrying abouit it.

4. Nelo

Nelo Member

Heat signature.

There are several guides for building a room that the heat will not leak or create a signature, but they will cost more.

It also helps if you own one of the optical infared setups just to make sure there are no leaks once the room is completed.

Thats only if you're really serious about it, and plan on growing a BIG crop IMO

5. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

If one is to keep his mouth shut and tell no one there is no reason to fear infra red.Loose lips sink ships!

6. tiedye420

tiedye420 Member

I want a pair of night vision goggles to shoot coyotes with. he he he.
    Thats my thoughts on infa red.
    tiedye

7. VenturaPotFarmer

VenturaPotFarmer Member

The most they could do is see a bright light. My buddy had a 90lbs/month full cycle operation out of a 700sf 1 bedroom apartment 2 blocks away from a police station. Nobody caught on (or nobody mentioned anything). Of course, he didn't have much to do anything OTHER than grow LOL!

8. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Are ya sure ya did not mean 9 lb's.Please reiterate some more on how your buddy knocked out a 90lb grow every 30 days in a 1 bedroom apartment. I have been building homes for 20 years and a 1 bedroom apartment at best has 240 amps available and at 80% of that gives ya 192 available amps to work with.Essentially 19 1000 watters without fear of overload.You are saying he gets 4.7 lbs per lite or a unheard of 2 plus grams per watt when every other accomplished averages .5 per watt and if they know there shit with co2 can get up to 1.25 per watt.A average indoor plant with some experience behind it will get ya 2 ozs.Lets assume your bro's skill is well above every grower in the universe and he gets 4 ozs per plant,it would take 360 plants to achieve this or wall to wall plants at 1 every 1.9 sqft,did your friend live on the back porch or what.Then ya say it was a perpetual,where did he veg or clone as there would be no room,let alone transporting them to the apartment.Sorry bro,just dont see it from a standard thats pretty cut and dry.

9. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

700sq/ft sounds more like a 6 or 7 bedroom two storie house

10. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

20 feet by 35 feet.

11. buffoonman

buffoonman Senior Member

2ounce per suare foot. 700*2=1400 ounces .Pipe dreaming.

12. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

what if the place ur growing was covered with reflective silver stuff(not aluminium foil but that other similar stuff) would they be able to see it?

13. I_GRW_FIRE!

I_GRW_FIRE! Member

haha...not being rude just stating something, I live in a 1200sq. ft place and it is a 2bed 2bath.

14. I_GRW_FIRE!

I_GRW_FIRE! Member

the shiny stuff is called Mylar

15. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

no, that wouldn't work. It would work well for the reflectivity in your room, but would have no benefit in thwarting infrared

16. wizardo

wizardo Member

POLYSHEILD! It make me sleep better at night. And watch out 4 high powered eyes looking down upon ya garden. Make sure ya Veggies-n-such provide a good enuff cover from the eyes in the sky.

17. temp303

temp303 ragtag seed sower

good god man meangreen i remove my hat!! ur 1 calculating beast impressive mind!!

18. alti117

alti117 Member

i think the heat produced by a coupple of plants mixed around in a garden would be quickly blown away by any breez, in my oppinion the only way they could easily pick out an outdoor grow opp is if you had a large number of plants, 10+, all in perfect lines. then they might catch onto the heat and after that your done for. FYI, i took a Co-op class at an airport and i talked to a coupple differant pilots who would keep an eye on the ground for their own personal profit.

19. Tibbles

Tibbles Banned

i watched a show where the cops were using infared and they busted this guy becuase his house was lite up like a Christmas tree. im pretty sure they wont raid your greenhouse, they might just wanna check it out

20. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

You need to work on your math. I live in a four bedroom four bath apartment that is about 1600 square feet.