Infertility...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by Lazuli Blue, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

I hope that this is the right forum to post this issue in... I'm very sorry if it's not.

Basically I'm looking for any advice or help that someone might have, my husband and I have been together for nearly four years and in that time have never used birth control (I have to add that neither of us have any stds or the like). It's not him, I think it's me, with previous partners I have never 'caught'.
    I'm scared to go to my doc - what if it's really bad news and the needles and the internals and the probing and prodding and general 'interference'.
    My periods are sometimes wacky, sometimes 2 weeks late then we get the "are we having a baby? Lets do a test, disappointment"!
    I'm sorry if I'm rambling, I've done so much research about it but still find out nothing.
    We would love to have a baby but I'm wondering whether it will ever happen for us :(

2. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

***hugggsss***

Sure, this is a fine place to post (women's issues would be great too, but most of us visit both anyway, hehe). There are LOTS of people who visit here, and discuss their baby longings.

i certainly haven't experienced a fertility problem first-hand (i'm 21 and soon the mother of three, lol) but i've known lots of ladies who have. i personally know more than one who have actually been treated with no luck, only to get pregnant on their own a couple of years later--usually as soon as they stopped trying! It seems like stress has alot to do with it.

Hang in there, it will happen when the time is right, and if not, maybe that's just because there's a little one out there for you, pre-made and waiting to be adopted :)

3. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

maybe you should see a doc, as there is a lot of help available. There are a lot of reasons why one can be infertile, there are many steps it takes until a women is pregnant, and there are numerous causes that can go wrong in every step. To help you get fertile, is is necessary to know what is wrong, and only a doctor can help you find out what it is.

But stopping to stress about it, is the first thing you have to do! Babies come, when they are meant to come :)

I wish you good luck :)

4. Wetbikerider

Wetbikerider Member

Planty of sperm donors around.

5. moominmamma

moominmamma Member

I think if I was you I would see a doctor. Only because if you or your husband ( could be him you know) do have fertility problems, it's probably a good idea to start investigating them now while you are both young.

And you can be in control of this after all, if you don't want to have any invasive investigations you don't have to have them.

I'm no doctor, but I also have irregular periods, and when they investigated me they wanted to look for polycystic ovaries. This was in the old days when they tested for this via an internal examination. Nowadays they are much more likely to take blood tests to measure your hormone levels, and do an ultrasound ( which you probably would have if you were pregnant anyway)

Good luck with your decision making

6. mrs_eads80

mrs_eads80 Member

I also have very irregular pierod. You might not be getting pregnant cause of this. There are only like 4 days out of the month when you can get pregnant, and if they are relaly hard to perdidct, then it would be really hard to get pregnnat. Have you tried to keep trak of your cycle. That's what happen to me. I read up on all the sign of ovulation, and kept track of it all, and it took me about 2 mths to get it down pat, buy the third month I got pregnant.

7. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

Thanks for all your replies ladies, I'm gonna chuck this in the women's issues forum aswell, thanks again xxx

8. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Some women's bodies are very sensitive to stress.....a friend tried for years and finally adopted, well as soon as the adoption went through she was pregnant! So they got 2 beautiful boys instead of one. Just try to relax about it, if you stress too much, you may not ovulate.

My best friend has been trying for a couple of years and has been going through the "tests".....the latest one where they fill your uterus and tubes with a fluid so they can see it, broke through a blockage in one of her tubes, she got pregnant about a month after that.......no fertility drugs involved.

Don't fear the tests, they will just help tell where the problem (if any) is....