infected belly button

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by pita225, Jun 19, 2006.

1. pita225

pita225 Member

ummmm idk what to do i got my belly button pierced on friday and its infevted ive had my belly button pierced before but it got ripped out my eyebrow n nose used to get infected when i didnt use titanium rings in them but i need to know how i can get rid of the infection

2. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

sentences are cool, i promise.

Well salt soaks are the only thing that comes to mind. If you feel that the piece of jewelry is cheap, go buy a better ring. Don't take it out.

3. heavenlygarcia

heavenlygarcia Member

Liquid bactine!!!!!!!

4. pita225

pita225 Member

I dont like sentences, even if they are cool. :rolleyes: I was thinking about the salt thing, but i didnt know if I had to use like sea salt kind of stuff.......or if I could use just normal salt. I'm going to get a new ring in a few days and i will not take it out im soooo not that stupid.

5. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

When I first had my belly button pierced, I used warm salt water. I used table salt....it worked just fine.
    Hold it on there for about 10 minutes 2 or 3 times a day.
    I used bacitracin (Kinda like Neosporin) on it to help it heal better and keep it moist.
    Your belly button may not even be infected....it may just be getting the normal 'crusties' on it. In any case, salt water will keep it healing nicely and keep infection away.

6. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

what if your lip swells up to twice the size of your face? do ya take it out then? what if its the same with your belly button, my lip swelled up hella big and i took it out cauyse it freaked me out, now i regret it and i have to repeirce it, damn

7. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

use a solution of sea salt and warm water, put it in a small cup like a medicine cup, or a dixie cup. Hunch over the cup and stick it to your belly button. Carefully lie down without spilling and let it soak for 5-10 mins. This loosens all the crusted matter inside and outside the piercing. if you're going to use polysporin or any kind of anti bacterial agent you must make sure that when you put it on, you're getting it inside the piecing....so gently pull and twirl your ring. After you finish with that make sure you wipe off all excess goo (with water, saline solution or diluted bactine) or else dirt will cling to it and still make it's way to your piercing and cause greater problems. I've had every problem imaginable with my piercings.

If you're going to use bactine make sure it's diluted, it's too harsh to apply alone to the sensitive tissues of a piercing. it could dry it out and make it worse (just like rubbing alcohol)

If it gets too sore, go see your doctor...he/she can prescribe something for it. Just don't accidentally use your acne medication on your piecing and your piercing medication on your face. that will ruin things for sure :& :&