industrial piercing, excessive bleeding

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by Ozokerite, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Ozokerite

Ozokerite Member

well i got an industrial piercing done about 10 hours ago. the first hole was for the most part, painless. the second hole (near the top of my ear) hurt like a mother fucker! well the second hole has been bleeding on and off all day, nothing too extream, but just a few minutes ago im getting ready for bed and all of the sudden i feel a huge gush of blood rush down the side of my face and onto my neck... grrreeeaaaat. my piercer warned me that i would bleed a good bit especially becuase im slightly anemic, so im still not to concerned with the amount im bleeding, but what bothers me is this: when i when to wipe the blood off, very carfully, in a mirror, i noticed this small (size of pinky fingernail) glob of... i dont know what. its like a little piece of jelly. first i thought it was some previously dried blood that had been re-hydrated by the new blood, but i know this isnt the case becuase now that im paying attention, ive found about 3 or 4 of these little round pieces of goo. i have absolutly no idea what these things are, or if there dangerous or what. if anyone has any idea or any advice it would be greatly appreciated.
    and im sorry if any of this sounds a little unclear, i havnt slept in 3 days and im a little out of it, but hopefully i can clarify anythig that doesnt make sense.

thanks guys

2. 3littlebirds

3littlebirds Member

your body heals best when resting (sleeping!)...so i would suggest getting some sleep.
    also, your globs sound odd, do you have a picture?
    I would just go talk to the piercer.

3. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

What color are they?

It's probably just lymph or whatever they call that junk damaged cartilage excretes when it's traumatized. Make sure you don't get lazy with your cleaning regimen.

4. Ozokerite

Ozokerite Member

the color of the globs are red, looks just like a bead of thick blood. my digi cam is broken so i have no pics. heres my issue with the cleaning: the dried blood over the wounds is the only thing that keeps it from bleeding, so every time i clean it starts bleeding, and wont stop.

i was finally able to get to sleep at about 5:30 am this morning, slept for abuot 2 hours, and woke up in a pool of my own blood. now THATS gross.
    anywho, i really appreciate the help guys!

5. schwahead

schwahead Senior Member

does it look like a lump??? is it in the front of you ear or the back???

try not touching or sleeping on as much as possible

6. Ozokerite

Ozokerite Member

its not a lump inside my ear, its several lumps in my blood which come out when it starts bleeding alot.

7. benotfree

benotfree Member

Hey, my boyfriend had the same thin ghappen just a few months ago, he got a industrial that goes threw his rook to a conch. His top hole started to bleed pretty heavy all we could do was role up a piece of tolet paper and stick it to the wound and the bleeding stopped. The globs are blood that has started to clot.

8. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Your piercer might have done it wonky or something. That sounds pretty fruity. I'd go back up there and ask him. You might want to take it out and start again later.

9. schwahead

schwahead Senior Member

talk to your piercer talk to your piercer talk to your piercer or another piercer at another shop in the area!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust me they will lead you to the better advice as nobody here can tell your exact situation