Indoor growing;

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by SethSexy, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SethSexy

SethSexy Guest

Well, I was looking up indoor growing in a fish tank. Some people said it wouldn't work, some say it did. So, I'm asking everyone here. Is it possible? If so, can someone help me out with it? If there's already a thread posted about this, I apologize.

2. Rudenoodle

Rudenoodle Minister of propaganda Lifetime Supporter

It would probably get to humid in a fish tank.

3. LSDMIKE

LSDMIKE Member

growing in a fish tank for sale

4. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

fish tanks have no drainage so in soil it wouldn't be a good idea........also you would want to cover the sides of the tank so no light would get into the roots.........definitely possible tho with a hydro, DWC type setup.

5. eagleshield

eagleshield Member

Are you serious? Besides some of the problems mentioned previously, you would need one damn big fish tank. Seriously go to Hightimes.com and order a copy of the Marijuana Growers handbook. I got it years ago and know it inside and out. I grow damn good smoke in a closet grow room, with dirt, no hydro. May I suggest Flourescent light(t5's) with a six bulb system. You can get a god closet grow room going for under $250. And by the way..you can get seeds in the mail from over seas. Canada wont send them, neither will theUK or Spain. But I have got great seeds from Amsterdam. And no, drug dogs CANNOT smell seeds.

6. M4N14C42O

M4N14C42O Cannabis Connoisseur

i've gotten seeds from the UK, Canada, and the 'Dam and never had any problems receiving them......and sure fluorescents work for flower but they are much better for seed/clone/veg stage(although i can't bash T5's, if your going to use fluoros for flowering, these are the ones to use)..........bring on the HID for flower ;)

7. Mariwonder

Mariwonder Member

A fishtank is not the best idea i heard, if you wanna harvest a little you need a really big tank, especially the height, In Holland we got great grow solutions, if your attention is grow for own use, i belief a growtent is something for you, you have different sizes, use a 600 watt lamp for 1 m2, choose hydro or soil(is cheaper) 5 till 16 plants for soil on hydro 20 to 25 plants. gives a result about 400 till 570 gr/m2,got all to do with skills
    If you like i can send some prices for a complete tent, grow schedules etc etc Seeds you can buy everywhere, there was a post by eagleshield dogs cant smell seeds and thats true, and if you use vacuum machine dogs cant smell nothing whatever you ship, the problem is the scanner X-ray, but for as far i know 90% off shipments arrive.
    If you have doubts and like more info let me know.

8. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

9. JackFlash

JackFlash Senior Member

I grew inside for many years, till I got busted about 10 years ago, been to scared to go back. Lately I've been thinking about it. I had 6 - 400 watt High pressure sodiums in a 10' x 12' room divided into 2 sections for growing and budding.

I just want enough for my own smoke now. When I tried Fluorescent lights years ago they just weren't enough. What are the t5's you mentioned? Would they ring a bell on power usage?

10. LSDMIKE

LSDMIKE Member

11. LSDMIKE

LSDMIKE Member

12. Trip Artist

Trip Artist Guest

Honestly, if you thought it out you could probably grow in just about anything. Just keep it short and stocky and you could probably even put a lid over the aquarium, just take it off if they get too big.

13. sodabandito

sodabandito Member

What if I am a guy with about 20 seeds and some soil looking to "get started"?? I have a room to use..1.What do I put the seeds in? Dixie cups? Small plant pots? Throw all of 'em in one big pot??2.I got to use indoor lighting, so what kind of bulbs? Will regular lamps work, with "grow bulbs"? ( Definitely NOT going the "aquarium" route!)3. How much watering is necessary?...I am just wanting to cut my expenses by growing only what I will consume, I ain't trying to start a business...Any suggestions would be appreciated!

14. 1Krazy

1Krazy Guest

The T5's worked great for me and the whitwidow,I just had to adjust the time and it took about a month longer than my friend that used the high sodium lights.But I dont think the fish tank would be very good because of the moisture & the roots getting light.

15. D.and.D_in_Dallas

D.and.D_in_Dallas Guest

The rabbi gets the salary, and the mohel gets the tips."

LMAO TFF That is wrong on soooo many levels !

16. ashleywatson

ashleywatson Guest

it would not be a good idea.

17. helenjiang

helenjiang Guest

I know one kind of led light,called led aquarium light. It is mainly growing the corals and fish.And very popular in America and Europe.

18. Trista

Trista Guest

what is your budget?

19. A flowerchild's journey

A flowerchild's journey Member

EAGLE SHEILD : if u grow weed in ur house wont it smell up the whole place ? Just wondering..

20. jean2

jean2 Banned

You can opt for an indoor aquaponics. It is a great way of gardening and you do not have to worry about weeding and pest control. You can keep your garden well organized with indoor aquaponics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.