Indias brutal men!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by morrow, Jun 28, 2019.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Why in this country is it still happening that men behave like animals?
    My mum was born there, so I'm not being racist.. but I wondered why she never wanted to go back and see where she was born.. my grandmother said it was no country for women..
    Obviously, being a history junkie I've done lots of research over 30 years worth, And guess what, it never changes..

What can be done to change? They have to stop treating women and young girls this way.. but how will that happen?

Today's news!

India women's heads shaved for resisting rape

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've taken India off my bucket list because of this which is a shame because otherwise it's an interesting country

But yeah, awful :(

Irminsul and morrow like this.
  3. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

It's so hard to even imagine change when it's so ingrained... whenever I read these stories there are often mentions of people in authority looking the other way or being part of it. And if I find it hard to see how change would happen, it must be incredibly disheartening for Indian women. It's not easy to start a fight you feel you are already doomed to lose.

First step is needing more women in higher up positions.

morrow likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

What makes matters worse is the prevalence with which things like this happen. And the patriarchy is present in most if not all layers of society there.

What's sad about male privilege is that women can learn that it is to their benefit to fall into step with these sort of norms and expectations. Not the abuse but little things that undermine their humanity. I find it sad that some cultures are that way.

What I think should happen: It's too easy to look away and turn a blind eye. What can be done? All I can say is that those women are in my prayers. I don't know that anything will change. Frankly, I think the best course of action for them is to get out of India. But then you look at the way immigrants are treated in this country. It's really a crying shame.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

India is the crossroads of the silk trade route, where Satan still walks the earth, and stars in Bollywood movies. They don't even have a national highway system yet, and the entire country has one foot in the last century and another in the modern world. I'm afraid things can only get worse, just as they have for women in the US. Nothing could have made me feel more ashamed to call myself an American, than the day dozens of men raped women in broad daylight in central park, right in front of the cameras. Fuck em all, they made it illegal to vote for Mickey Mouse and America has been down this nasty road before.

India and the US are trading money for their humanity, just as fast as they can. The white population is now crashing in the US and EU, from workaholism, alcoholism, and a desire to spend money rather than make babies. The more they blame the rest of the world for their problems, the faster they die off. Thankfully, the same machines and technology that make such things possible, are finally beginning to become complex enough to be used to defeat such problems. Basically, the money itself takes on a life of its own, and comprehending money as more of filling an ecological role is rapidly becoming possible.

People think they have free will, even though a neurologist will tell them at least 80% of their behavior is so predictable its not funny. Computers are becoming complex enough to let them continue to think they have free will, but promote more healthy lifestyles. Our adults need adults, and the computers are the only ones capable of taking on the role, it is what some call Childhood's End. AI has already been created for exploring targeted marketing, only to discover the AI ignored black people altogether, because they have no money.

How economics actually work in our cultures, is about to become as transparent as toilet paper.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    morrow and Driftrue like this.
  6. morrow

morrow Visitor

7. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

It does say something about their society that they're having massive protests over it though, that's good

Asmodean likes this.
  9. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I had a conversation about something similar with a friend recently, he basically said that if the west didn't have strict laws in place against rape, violent assault, etc that many men would act like this. I disagreed. But, I wonder if there is anarchy, if society would just be chaos. I'd like to think that within us all, is a built in moral compass, and that if you need laws or the threat of prison to control you, then you lack that moral compass. Am I wrong?

10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I think it could be that the moral compass is created by your environment.

11. wooleeheron

In studies, Wall Street traders ethics went up and down with the stock market. The question is often whether they have a moral compass to begin with and who gets to decide whether it is legitimate.

morrow likes this.
  12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I agree with Driftrue.

I essentially ascribe to moral relativism. We may have some innate qualities that are the building blocks for morals but I think morals are idealistic abstractions. Considering your analysis, it begs the question, if we all had a built in moral compass, why would we even need prisons?

13. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

You have to ask the question....

Is it because I'm a girl?

15. wooleeheron

The studies all show we do have a built in moral compass, and those who make more distinctions between what they say and what they do, have the least moral compass. Duh! Lawyers and used car salesmen might have a lot of claims to fame, but a moral compass is not one of them. Modern science is close to quantifying their moral compass, in terms of the dollar. Moral compass for sale, at your friendly neighborhood Walmart, right after Fox News. When there is no honesty in or out of court, I suggest getting honest with yourself.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Interesting because it seems that nearly every mass shooting in recent years was plotted out in a manifesto or series of online discussions prior to the immoral acts.

17. wooleeheron

Its Three Stooges slapstick, where they have to justify killing people as taking the moral higher ground. When everybody around you is a fucking liar, you might as well make up your own justifications and definitions for words. Bottom line, its illegal to throw large sums of cash off tall buildings, because without a moral compass, people act like complete idiots. In places like Japan, you literally cannot throw your wallet on the ground without someone immediately rushing to return it to you. That's nice, but it doesn't make for good Wall Street traders.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

There was a far worse one, convictions handed out last month, one was a police officer and other officers were given sentences for faking evidence....after these guys had raped and killed an 8 yr old girl.

They all should have just been shot

Six men jailed over India child rape

idahocowboy likes this.
  19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Its not an interesting country, Ive only been once, found it quite a shithole, dirty and feral

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This is really disturbing...