Indentification

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by squawkers7, Jul 3, 2006.

1. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

most of us in the United States of America get driver's licenses that have to get renewed every so often when they expire or when you move.
    Well, I move alot....if I had gotten a new driver's license everytime I moved like the law requires then I would have had at least 6 different licenses in the last year.

I still have an old AZ license with an address that I have not lived at for YRS....but it says it expires when I'm 65. Now should I keep the AZ license or maybe just go get a passport to use for ID? Which would be better to use for ID when cashing checks....a passport or an out-of-state license.

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

my brother got pulled over in missouri, and he still had his address on there from kansas, and that was only a couple of years afterwards, and the police officer chewed him out for not having an uptodate license. because he did ask him where he is from, and it didnt match his address. when you move to a new state, you are supposed to get your license renewed for that state.

3. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

In the last 12 months I spent 1 1/2 months in AZ...4 1/2 months in Rumney,NH...almost 2 months in homeless shelter in Plymouth,NH...2 months in Johnson City,TN...about 5 weeks in Gallatin,TN...now about 6-7 weeks in KY

wouldn't a passport cover every state? instead of getting 6 different licenses in 1 yr

4. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

How often do u have to renew your passport?

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

My CDL is good for 6 years at a time. I live in MO too and when I first moved here the only thing they ever complained about was not switching over my plates (revenue reasons for them) but I live in a very small town. They still kinda are laxed around here.

6. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Sounds like a passport might be a better option for you squawkers, but then again, I'm not really familiar with the in's and out's of all of that.

7. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

8. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

I've never driven outside of the USA YankNBurn, so I don't need that....I just figured that maybe a passport would be like a USA identification thingy...saying I'm a resident of the whole USA instead of a driver's license saying I'm a resident of 1 state,

cuz technically I can't really claim to be a resident of a state if I live there only few months without ever filling out those post office change-of-address forms & I forget right off hand when all the utilities were in my name.

9. BuffFilmBuff

BuffFilmBuff Member

Passports last for ten years. I'm a student in California with an Illinois driver's license because Illinois is my "real" address....even though I'm hardly ever there. If I need California identification, I use my student ID.