Increasing DMT in plants.

Discussion in 'DMT' started by IDL, Mar 31, 2007.

1. IDL

IDL Banned

I was wondering how wonderful it wound be if there was a way one can grow or add chemicals to the live plant to increase the % of DMT on it so it could enable us to smoke the plant matter instead of having to perform an extraction with chemicals or having to drink the bile tasting ayahuasca.

Maybe nature could grant us that wish if we're patient enough to wait a couple of hundred or possibly thousands of years for those plants to evolve and increase theire DMT percentage. Time is frightening. Only if we could jump into the 4th demesion and take a hold of those plants thousands of years from now. lol. Thank you all.

2. IDL

IDL Banned

Lets say there was a way to increase the percentage of DMT in DMT containing plants to about 8% or greater, would that enable us to smoke the plant matter as we do marijuana or do we still have to extract it or add chemicals to it to change the DMT into another form, lets say, freebase to experience the psychelic phenomena?

3. eman resu

eman resu Senior Member

dude if you could do it it would have been done before.

4. uplink

uplink Member

If it was 5-meo-dmt... then yes. Remember, you have to smoke all the DMT you can in about 1 minute... after that you get rediculous tolerance. DMT will really only work best for smoking in it's purest form. With 5-meo-dmt you can get away with impurities. Although it all depends on how high you want to get.

I know it is atleast sortof possible to smoke DPT HCl and have it still work. I mean you can smoke cocaine (Crack HCl ;) ), but people still smoke crack. I'm pretty sure it doesn't NEED to be freebased, it is just a hell of alot easier. I can't say much more than that because I've never smoked a freebase.

5. Jack vs. Explosion

Jack vs. Explosion Member

Does this statement suggest that one could not smoke the same amount of DMT 2-4 times in the same night and not have the same effects?

6. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

why are you so sure of that?

7. uplink

uplink Member

Perhaps what eman resu meant was if you any of us people on the hippie forums knew about doing that, then it would have been done before many times and widely publicized all over the internet. ;)

and Jack, the tolerance dies down in about an hour or so.

8. Jack vs. Explosion

Jack vs. Explosion Member

Just double checking. An hour would surely make sense.

9. uplink

uplink Member

It's very bizarre. With a lot of psychedelics there is tolerance after a trip. With DMT you get immediate and super intense tolerance for only an hour even if you don't really trip.

Doesn't make much sense to me :)

And I don't think you'd want to do a large dose of DMT 2-4 times in a night.

10. Babylon_Jasmine

Babylon_Jasmine Member

Smoking high potency dmt containing plant materials would not work. dmt is not active when smoked unless it is in a freebase form.