In the end

Discussion in 'Hippie Wisdom' started by smut peddler, Sep 2, 2012.

1. smut peddler

smut peddler Member

In the end everything always works out alright. And if it doesn't than you've obviously haven't reached the end yet.

Catie likes this.
  2. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

You mean if someone was succesfull and happy and then bus killed him and his family, everything worked out alright?

3. smut peddler

smut peddler Member

We all die sooner or later and none of us know exactly how or when.

4. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I dunno. Not everyone turns out alright.

What about the starving children in Africa? Sure death might mean the end of their suffering but they never got the chance to have a proper life in the first place.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

So if everything is all fucked up I can't possibly die?

FUCK!

6. papa wolf

papa wolf Member

Well shit ! Something has to end this misery . Just when you think your out , they pull you back in . w.t.f. , lol

7. smut peddler

smut peddler Member

Do you really think death is the final end?
    I'm sure there's an end and at that end everything turns out alright. I just don't believe for 2 seconds that death is the end.

The universe is just far to vast for death to be the final destination

8. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

No I don't believe death is the end. Anything but the end. Id be pissed though, if I'd had a really shit life and then died...death is just the beginning. But it still doesnt excuse the suffering some have to go through in form.

9. smut peddler

smut peddler Member

I used to get angry about that too. But than I realized that if this isn't the end, than whatever the rest must be, must be really damn big and vast. Therfore by comparison making all of this really minor and small.

As for having a shitty life, I spent some time in Katmandou and a very wise woman told me 2 things that profoundly changed me. "For the most part we choose to remain in misery" and "You have 2 feet and you should use them when life is miserable because no path or road is ever too difficult to traverse or closed when you walk."

She was damn right! Because if you try to drive, fly or take a boat there's a million assholes that will stop you, send you back or drag you back to your shitty life. But if you walk, there's no damn way anyone can make you stay in misery

10. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Yeah, I generally try to live in the here and now. I think we carry a lot of misery with us by staying in the past and keeping ourselves associated with the hurt we may have felt.

I'm more excited than anything to die, I know what comes after is just going to be pure bliss but for me its the thought of leaving others behind, my kids for example, if i was to die now whilst they still depend on me then I'd leave suffering in my place.

Your right though, right now on earth our time is limited and ultimately its such a small part in our being. But, to leave suffering behind, knowing that others are still continuing to feel hurt and pain everyday, is my main concern with leaving earth.

11. smut peddler

smut peddler Member

I have no clue why we're put here but what I do know is our time here is way too short to choose to live in misery. As the old saying goes, life is what happens in between birth and death. So spend it being peaceful and enjoying the natural experiences of our existence here. Just don't get involved with the shit.

For example :

All my friends are arguing about the upcoming elections. Long story short I'm taking heat for refusing to vote. Instead I've made it very clear that I'm having a "make love don't vote" party. I've got a couple from Texas, a woman from Medford Oregon and a rainbow family couple that's currently hitchhiking towards me. I'm not sure if this is going to turn into a swinger's party or something but what the fuck! If it does, it does and if it doesn't it doesn't. Either way I'm not getting involved in the shit.

12. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Sounds awesome :2thumbsup: I don't vote either!!

make love don't vote. I like that, thanks!! have a good party!

13. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Perhaps I'm going offtopic but if you're in Europe there's enough reason to vote. We have a slightly less flawed form of democracy in most countries than the USA.

14. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

I'll vote after the UK pays back their debts to the US and then the US pays back their debts to China. Or in other words....never, seeing as the UK's debt has doubled in the past 10 years, so no government is actually helping, its just getting worse. I see no point in voting because of this. We are promised change, every time, and all we get is raised tax and more debt, every time.

15. Asmodean

So is there really no party over there where you could vote on that would at least make a stand?

16. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Now there's one thing that is not ending so well after all. :D

17. Asmodean

We don't know that for sure at all ;) I think global things (not looking at individual lives that in the short run will get fucked) will always end well. I bet we might be suprised how we look at this situation in a year or hundred later. A few generations later things can look mighty different.

18. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

The ones that might make any kind of difference never have a chance any way. The only parties that are ever in power are Labour, Conservatives (current coalition) and Liberal Democrats (current coalition). The tories are just blaming labour for the amount of debt we were in but its just been increasing since they've been in power anyway.

Saying that though, the 'Monster Raving Loony party' are pretty awesome :2thumbsup: But they've never received more than 4.1% of the overall UK vote so they have no chance

19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Absolutely not .... and neither do we know that everything is going to end well ;)

Positive attitude is good. So is realism.

20. Asmodean

Sounds kinda fatalistic. I understand how you can get that way but really, as long as there are such parties it can use your vote. Why throw it away, it's not like the goverment will go away that way faster/more easily. As I understand the US voting system, yes, I would feel apathic about politics as well (not only because of the voting system by the way) but I think your country's system is closer to mine (netherlands) and if enough peeps vote on the small parties you could get bigger opposition and perhaps even a coalition with such a party in it.