In Search Of: Sex Toys For Womyn

Discussion in 'Lesbian' started by Qita Wita, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Qita Wita

Qita Wita Member

Hey Hip People...

I'm wondering...does anybody have any tips on sex toys for womyn???
    I usually use visual stimuli while pleasuring myself, but I need suggestions from lesbian/bi-sexual womyn who are familiar with the 'proper tools'.

I've never used them before, and since I'm not involved with anyone sexually right now, and don't intend to be...I'm looking for new ways to pleasure myself--but I don't even know where to look for such 'gadgets'.

Any website we can go to make discrete purchases?

Any suggestions???

P.S. - this is a real question, so pls. be real --I'd appreciate your input. Thx.

2. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

There are "about seven women-postive sex stores in America" to quote Inga Muscio.

Among them is Babes and Toyland, perhaps the best. I haven't explored it myself (am handling things pretty well on my own) but have heard rave reviews. Check out their site - I'm not sure of the address, but it should come up in Google.

3. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

I just so happens that a pretty good one is right here in Madison. It is called A Woman's Touch
    They say on their site:
    Operated by two women - a physician and a social worker - we support consensual pleasure for all adults, with an emphasis on sensuality and sexual pleasure through the eyes and experiences of women and those who love us.

I have heard rave reviews from ladies who have shopped there & also from a friend of mine who was buying toyes for his wife. They are wonderful people & know what they are talking about. I don't know that I know anyone who has ordered online or their other remote forms but I bet that it would be similar experience.

I suppose I should add that I have never set foot int he store or bought from them I am only going on what my friends have said. It is where I would go if I were looking for a toy though. These are very close friends & one of them is a very discerning shopper, I trust their word implicitly on this. I also am in no way related to the store or the ladies who own it, I am only passing this along as information.

Anyhow, their URL is http://www.a-womans-touch.com/

Enjoy :)

4. Qita Wita

Qita Wita Member

Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions...:)

5. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I don't know about Babes in Toyland. But here in Seattle, we have a womyn run shop called Toys in Babeland. I think you would find it very interesting and informative. I haven't been too many times as they mostly cater to women.

Here's a link for you. http://www.babeland.com/

I hope it helps.

6. rocknroll_girl

rocknroll_girl Member

Erm, yeah, that's the one I meant. Although I think there's a few under both names.

Basically I recommend you get the book **** by Inga Muscio and refer to all her fabulous references for just about everything that's positive for women. It will change your life and the way you view gender.