In need of homemade remedy to clean my glass pipes.

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by 1NfE5T, Apr 15, 2007.

1. 1NfE5T

1NfE5T Member

Like the title stats, i been to a few local shops and they want way too much money for there pipe cleaners. Now i ask all of yall fellow stoners, what can i use (thats cheap) to clean my pipes and bowls and what not. Thats again.

DrRainbow likes this.
  2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

qtips soaked in alcohol

3. danyo

danyo Member

soak it in soapy water...

4. 1NfE5T

1NfE5T Member

Can i just soak my pieces in alcohol for a few hours and just clean them WITH a q-tip AND a small long brush? Yall think that would work?

5. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

Rubbing Alcohol and a q tip or pipe cleaner = best method ever

6. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Just make sure the solute is pure. I prefer to use acetone because it's solubility and evaporation rate are above alcohol. Just use which ever you can get your hands on.

7. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

Go to CVS get rubbing alcohol the highest % possible. Then give it a good rinse with soapy water, then give it a good rinse with water.

That's what I always use and I keep my pieces VERY clean always

8. s0ma

s0ma Member

I soak mine in rubbing alcohol (70%) overnight (or for two or three nights, if I forget about it) and then go at it with a pipe cleaner, the kind you can get from the crafts section of Wal*Mart. The problem with the cheap pipe cleaners is that they leave little fuzzy hairs on the inside of the piece, but they can just be rinsed out. If the bowl is especially dirty, I pour some salt in it to act as an abrasive and wiggle my finger around. It works wonderfully.

9. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

hot water usually works to get alot of it out, then soak it in high % rub alc. for a day, then repeat if you want it cleaner

10. plukow

plukow Member

Just boil the bitch. Then you can collect the resin with a coffe filter, let it dry and enjoy.

11. brainboy

brainboy Member

make sure when you boil it to put the glass in the pot before you heat it up so it doesn't crack :)

12. darkstaff

darkstaff Member

I have found a long soak in the afforementioned high percent alchohol keeps both my favorite glass bowl and my Proto-Pipe very clean and managable, no matter what the level of neglect I have shown it. They always bounce back beautifully!
    Never tried the acetone thing though. Maybe next time. (and yes, I am familiar with how to properly handle and utilize acetone, following at least in principal the OSHA directed ways to handle haz-mat.).....WooHoo!

13. wonderboy

wonderboy the secret of your power!

man don't even listen to anyone who says anything other than isopropyl alcohol lol. that shit costs what, $1.67 Canadian at the local store for a bottle of 70% (higher is better but more expensive and not that big of a deal haha). you take your pieces, rinse em out with nice hot water, soak em in isopropyl overnight (maybe turn them/move them around once or twice), and the next day just swish them around, rinse and maybe rub it off, use a pipecleaner to scrape the inside if you even need it. good luck! haha... high...

14. floydianslip6

floydianslip6 Senior Member

If you add some salt to the alcohol you can shake it up and it will clean even faster. But yeah, alcohol + salt + qtips or pipe cleaners really is the best way to go.

Edit: With the added salt you don't even need to let it soak just keep shaking it, unless it's REALLY caked on, then maybe a soak would be a good idea after some good shakes.

15. Spliffyman420

Spliffyman420 Member

or you could just scrape as much resin as you can off and press it together and then smoke it. takes a bit to get high but its great when you wanna toke but got no bud : )

16. DankRips

DankRips Members

A product from the market really is expensive as compare to home-remedy but effective too. Though, there are other options too that one can pursue so visit us...

17. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love