Impotence from medication

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by PandaSquish, Jul 25, 2013.

1. PandaSquish

PandaSquish Member

So my boyfriend and I used to have a great sex life, we've been together about 3 years and were having sex once a day or at least every couple days. His doctor put him on a new med and in the last three months we've had sex twice. He shows no interest, and is horribly offended when I bring it up. We just had a huge fight because I asked him if he felt up to just trying tonight. He won't talk about it at all. I don't know what to do, I want sex more than once a month and it hurts our relationship because there's no intimacy. He acts like I have no right to be disappointed and that I just want dick. What can I do? Do I just have to take sex when he very rarely wants it?

He isn't interested in changing meds even though he could and the doctor advised him too.

2. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Member

Usually anxiety/depression medicines do that....but if that's the case, the doctor can prescribe something called Wellbutrin to counter act the sexual side effects.

That part of his mind/body is just shut down from the medicine. He really can't help it...

3. PandaSquish

PandaSquish Member

Thank you. I tried to get him to consider Wellbutrin and other meds, he's basically refused. The doctor even spoke to him about it. It just feels like he doesn't want our sex life back.

4. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

If he doesn't want to change, you might be forced to leave him.

And challenge him when he says "you just want dick", in response tell him "of course I do that's part of what it means to be in a relationship your being unreasonable".

The situation shows like it's on an inevitable path to end anyway unless he changes. Good luck!

5. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

i know that being really drunk can have that effect as well lol

6. PandaSquish

PandaSquish Member

Yeah, I'd really like to avoid having to leave him:) I'm just so sick of being treated like a pervert any time I want any kind of sex. It's really hard to not bring up that there are plenty of other guys who'd love to have sex with me and he's putting forth no effort at all to keep me sexually satisfied. I mean, even if he can't/doesn't want an erection, he could try other things but he flat out refuses.