Imperfection within Perfection?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Gravity, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Can imperfection lie or be created from a perfection?

For example, God being perfect. A deity of perfection, can it create imperfection?

2. shaman sun

shaman sun Member

Perfect and imperfect are creations of our mind. What is beyond that duality? Is it possible that God isn't perfect, but is it also possible that God isn't imperfect?When we see how our logical and practical minds create a logical and practical world, can we see that it is only in our minds that this is so?

Can one measure or talk about God if such a force is beyond measure?

3. not even a circle is perfect in the definintion of a perfect circle

think about it, a circle = pie, but is always changing, and never a defined number

think about a perfect object, its molecular form is always changing, making imperfections constant and inconstant, stable, yet unstable. Nothing I beleive is perfect, only as good as it needs to be.

4. Lemongait

Lemongait Member

Perfection is just the platonic ideal, which, unfortunately, many of the world's religions are based on. Until people stop trying to convince themselves that there is a perfect form of everything, even ourselves, that we must strive to become, I don't see how they can be happy.
    If there is perfection, everything is perfect.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are no other perfections then each thing being perfectly what it is, "flaws" included.

there is a process of perfecting. that is another matter. it is not without merrit but its endpoint is not perfection. it has no end point.

this is actualy a good thing. because it means further improvement is always possible.
    even god, i have it on what claims to be good authority, is constantly improving intself.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. very well put, i agree with the constant need for improvement. nothing can be perfect, only as perfect as it needs to be. sort of like a glass of water is perfect for quenching thirst, but gatorade is better for enhancing the body to perform better. certain things are perfect for certain situations. but when it comes to mental or spiritual perfection, perfection merely describes a higher echelon of defining a capability that is greater than what has been already achieved.