I'ma a twice a week plasma donor.. v. askmeanything

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gravity, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Gravity

Gravity #winning

2. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Why didn't you spell donor right in your title? :D

3. Gravity

Gravity #winning

This grammer class lady? You knew what I meant anyways. Can't be perfect all the time. :D

4. Kinky Ramona

You said ask anything...it was the only question I could come up with. And then you cheated, Peter Peter pumpkin eater, and made my question invalid!

5. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

do you get paid for your time?

6. Kinky Ramona

It certainly can't be as fun as donating sperm. I'd be more interested to talk to you if you were a twice weekly sperm donor.

7. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

I gave blood once, was fine with it, till about 10min after I was done and started burning up and felt like I was about to pass out, apparently I'm low on blood

8. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Yup.. always.

Depends on several factors. Most donors will get 30 first visit 35 second visit. And then they are programs you can qualify if you've had your hep or tetanus shots.. which you get more determining on the tidier in your blood.

I'm one of the highest paid donars in the Tri-Cities. And been getting $100 a donation, and I can go twice a week.

Easy money.

9. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Never done that. None around here anyways that I know of.

10. Kinky Ramona

Well, then, you better be prepared to lose one of everything you have two of. I'm interested in organ donors almost as much as sperm donors!

11. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Plasma has nothing to do with blood. The only blood they pull out is about a pint, which goes into a centrifuge. Restracts the plasma and puts it in a tube. Then your blood is returned so you lose no blood. Then repeats. So when you leave you have not lost any blood.

12. Gravity

Gravity #winning

This topic is about plasma.. no clue the fuck you talking about.

13. Kinky Ramona

You're donating shit. I want your left kidney and your right lung!

14. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

I so need to do that. I recently realized being ab pos my plasma is GOLD.

15. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Doesn't have anything to do with blood like I said.. If you ab+, b, a, o.. whatever.. its all the same, because they aren't collecting the blood, just the plasma.

16. Kinky Ramona

*waiting on that kidney*

17. Gravity

Gravity #winning

Yeah, liquids that regenerate in 24hours, and can be done over and over.

Kidney and lung = you fucked.

18. Gravity

Gravity #winning

out of luck here nigka

19. babyhellfire

babyhellfire Banned

sigh, you have proven your knowledge of this subject is limited, and you owe kr a kidney.
    I am disappointed.

"Donors with type AB blood are the most important to plasma donations, as people with this type blood are the “universal donors”. Patients with any blood type can be transfused with type AB plasma."

plus, only 3precent of the pop have ab+ blood making it more in demand, for plasma than other blood types.
    - but yeah, they don't pay you for the blood(they can't under us law about selling body fluids), they pay you for "your time" , but they want more of "your time" if you have a more desired blood type.

20. Gravity

Gravity #winning

I don't get it.. still.

The blood, whatever type it is, they DON'T use. It goes to the centrifuge which is separated, then whatever blood you have, whether it is special or not it goes right back to were it can from -- right in your arm.

So what does the blood have to do with anything to begin with, if he goes back to were it came from originally?