im wondering

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by zacky_gt, Jan 10, 2005.

1. zacky_gt

zacky_gt Member

hey, here we only smoke joints with about 1 gram in each 1. but when u guys say u smoke bowls...thats like u put pure weed into a bong and just take hits? how do u put it in, do u crumble it? isnt it 2 harsh on your lungs?

2. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i find it harsher to smoke with tobacco (if that's what you mean)... if you think bowls and bongs are harsh, try smoking a blunt... :p

3. zacky_gt

zacky_gt Member

why is it harsh?

4. miami musician

you mean blunts? well because you're basically smoking a cigar (with tobacco leaves) without the actual tobacco inside. i'm sure you know... when you're smoking glass, it's nothing but the pot smoke. when you smoke joints, it's pot smoke with added paper. but blunts, especialyl for new blunt smokers, can be harsh because of the tobacco leaf.

5. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

bowls can be kinda harsh... bongs though are supposed to be really nice on the lungs...

imo doobies<bowls<bongs.

6. zacky_gt

zacky_gt Member

oh ok thanks...but do u hafta crumble da weed when u put it into the bong or just whole?

7. miami musician

it's up to personal preference. i know dudes that like to just pop a whole nugget in their bong, and others that like to grind it in a grinder to get bigger hits.

8. McJesus

McJesus Member

Yeah, some crumbled up nugs make for some sweet bong hits.

9. NoVictimNoCrime

NoVictimNoCrime -

its like physics, if you crumble it up, there is more surface area, so more gets burnt...which equates to...bigger hits!:D

10. gottssunfire

gottssunfire Member

or if you smoke whole nugs, you don't have to worry about crumbling the weed over the ashtray when you're high

11. Jonas

Jonas Member

its better to break up the weed IMO, if you leave it whole you don't get a predictable hit, and its hard to tell wehn teh bowl is cashed. theres a lot of different bowl sizes, mine packs about 1/4-1/3 gram normally, my friend packs full grams in his, he constantly smokes full bowlpacks to himself, i think he's nuts.

12. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I always chop up my green, no matter how I'm smoking it. It's easier to guage how much I'm putting in the bowl, and yeah, easier to know when the bowl is cashed. Plus it burns better that way.

Also, bongs make the hits easier to take because the smoke is cooled in the water. Pipes (aka bowls, spoons) is just the smoke as-is, and unless you have a long pipe stem, it doesn't get cooled much, so it can be somewhat harsh.

I have never mixed my green with tobacco, even in joints, but wouldn't even think to do so in bongs or pipes, because there's no reason to. People usually mix so the weed stays lit, but that's only an issue when smoking joints (it's never been an issue for me even then...). Weed isn't really supposed to stay lit in pipes and bongs, you relight each time, so adding tobacco is pointless, and only adds dangerous chemicals to your smoke.

13. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

haha if u wanna experiance rough, hot knife hash or Oil