I'm wondering what military service to join once I turn of age... hmm?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Revenant Phantasm, Jan 22, 2005.

1. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Yeah...no kidding. I heard about this 60 year old woman who recently got called up, even after she was already discharged some 35 years ago. I don't think anyone would swear to that!

A word of caution...before those of you who do join up sign anything: Read the fine print. That's where a lot of military personnel have gone wrong recently...that's why they're over there for more than one tour because of the loopholes in the contract. Trust me on this one, guys. READ THE FINE PRINT!

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I heard if you smoke banana peals you get high. I heard if you have sex standing up, you dont have to pull out.

However we do agree on one thing, if you do not want to join the Military, dont join. as some one who read everything I swore to, I can vouch there is no fine print. Its all in the open and they will actually tell you about it at MEPS. You may sign up for 4 but you are and will know when you sign that 4 means 4 active 4 reserve. I am not asking you to agee with this war, HELL I DONT. I just ask if you do swear, sut the fuck up and quit whining about it. For the record, they have stopped drug testing, so zero tolrence wont keep you from doing what you swore to. Just like during Vietnam.

3. DancerAnnie

Crummyrummy, you have your panties in a bunch today...I'm sorry for you. You act like I don't know what I'm talking about...and usually I don't, but I do on this, so I'd really appreciate if you'd stop simply disagreeing with what I'd say. Geez, you think I'm making the shit up???

Sorry I have THAT much time on my hands *laughs*

4. crummyrummy

I think you really heard it, I think it was made up before you heard it, like smokin banana peals.

5. DancerAnnie

Despite what you might think...I don't believe everything I hear...in fact I probably believe only about 5% what I hear. But when I do hear something from a pretty good source, I tend to believe it.

Oh and I never smoked a banana peel...*winks*

6. crummyrummy

I dont believe the discharged for 35 years story. please give me details.
    I never thought you were a tool, of anyone, I just think that story never happened, and I hate people that spread rumors.

7. DancerAnnie

You're free to believe what you want...and so am I. *Shrugs* Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not.

8. Mui

Mui Senior Member

doesnt it seem kind of ...well... stupid... to ask hippies that question?

Join the Marines... fight for the government in which you love oh so much...

9. crummyrummy

ok.....hugs?

10. DancerAnnie

Simply because I'm a lover and not a fighter...and because I don't think you're a bad guy...

((((((HUGGS)))))

11. crummyrummy

>>>>hugs<<<<<
    I am not a bad guy.....
    you are still high on
    my list of people to read.....

12. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

if you want to join, join up. but think hard and deep about your decision. is this something you really want to do? do you want to make a career out of the military or just do the minimum time in? Each service has its own plus and minus aspects. but seriously, think about your decision.

currently, i go to Norwich University -its a military college. before graduating high school, i was going to enlist in the USMC. i decided not to do that once i heard about my current school. my school offers the 4 service ROTC, so if you want to become a Officer in the military, you take one of the 4 ROTC. the thing that separates my school from other service academies is that you don't have to commission if you don't want to. i'm in the Corps of Cadets, which requires me to take 3 years of ROTC, to commision, its 4 years of ROTC. i'm currently in the Army ROTC program, but i've decided not to go for a commission for many different reasons. i just got to tired of doing Army training and i just dont' want to do it for a career anymore.

so think about this decision. there are many choices out there - you can do reserves, national guard, active duty, officership...so just think about it.

13. crummyrummy

I like the navy, but it aint for everybody. marines and army WILL GO TO IRAQ, so I say AF or Navy.coast gurd is the most hippie, all you will do is try and keep drugs from being cheap to you friends, and save people too stupid to operate sean going vessals.