I'm tired of Covid and plan to live dangerously now

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Visexual, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Visexual

Visexual Member

I've decided to only wash my hands for 19 seconds.

I'll only maintain 5.5 feet separation from other folks.

Heck, I may even vote for that asshole, Trump, now wait, I already voted against him.

hotwater likes this.
  2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well done you matey, - someone in the US with a modicum of common sense !!!

Visexual likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’m a little more cautious than you, I’ll wash my hands for 19.5 seconds,
    5.75 feet of separation,
    and I'll think about voting for trump for county dogcatcher

Visexual likes this.
  4. wrat1

wrat1 Members

Cmon why do that to the poor dogs JEEZ

hotwater and Visexual like this.
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The title of this thread made me think you were going to attend a Trump rally. Now that's living dangerously!

hotwater and Visexual like this.
  6. Gangster19

Gangster19 Members

Good luck with that one!

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Regarding covid. Their is little doubt that you will contract the virus at some point during the next 5 years. All this fuss is purely to prevent the people who require medical attention from overwhelming the health services. Here in the UK, out TOTAL mortality rate is running 2.7 % high, not unusual during ANY virus epidemic.
    Part of the problem is that our life expectancy has risen by 15 years over the last 40 years, so even setting that back by a few months represents a huge number of deaths.

Regarding Trump. At the time of his election, I thought that he was going to save the economy of the entire western world by cutting the amount of money that we all send along a one way street to china. Unfortunately, the hundreds of people who have become billionaires by running companies from their apartments, without employing a single person have succeeded in derailing him before he upset their gravy train.

Mysteron likes this.
  8. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Spot on mate. What you have said is what I have beleived for quite some time now. The policies certainly in the UK is to try and dodge the Covid bullet .All the polices will do including the forth coming 4 week lockdown is to delay the inevitable .I also think the Media is being briefed by the Government to keep a lid on things like Herd Immunity and publicise with hype that you can get it twice. The latter is true but is extremely rare .

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Do you even buy that one?

They've had 10 months to organize extra ICU facilities

How many ICU beds were there in the UK in 2019, and how many are there now in November 2020?

Mysteron likes this.
  10. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

We do have the Nightingale hospitals as well. Theses are make shift hospitals but made to high standards an likely to be run by millitary medical staff .They were very much under used in the first lockdown but likely to be utilised in the forth coming months. These will be used as overspills for the normal hospitals .For some reason and I can only think it's negative hype these Nightingale hospitals are rarely mentioned .

11. wilsjane

I think that the mistake was in setting up the ICU beds in the areas of the first peak, now they are all in the wrong geographical locations for the second spike.
    I also think that the government spokes people are completely clueless, by the time that the medical information gets lost on it's way down the line.

Last night, in order to beat the lockdown, hundreds of maskless revellers were flocking into Wimbledon town centre. We blame the government, but a percentage of the public are even more stupid.
    The problems could easily be solved by making people register for the shops they use and register for no more than 2 chosen bars.
    Although it would not be pleasant for everyone, it could remove the need for the far worse situation that is happening for the second time right now.

12. wilsjane

This was a problem in the last wave. We should now use these facilities to keep covid sufferers away from a percentage of our mainstream hospitals, thus preventing shutting down all the everyday surgery.

Until the 1960's we had fever hospitals, normally outside the town, that isolated infectious conditions. Stupidly, they were deemed outdated and closed.
    The ENTIRE hospital structure needs a major rethink, starting with maternity hospitals being separated geographically from the main sites that are full of sick people carrying all types of viruses and pathogenic bacteria.
    Back in the 60's, most maternity units were away from the main site. The UK seems to have followed the US and gone backwards.

Mysteron likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You’re right I don’t know what I was thinking, he’d likely deport every Chamuco, Xoloitzcuintli, and Chihuahua back to Mexico...lol..

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'm getting tired of people calling those that don't care about the virus stupid

Road fatality rates before all this was about 100 per million people per year

The mortality rate for Covid for people under 40 is in the range of 1 - 10 per million people per year. i.e a tenth to a hundredth of that

Or another way; you had 1200 people in UK under 40 die in road accidents last year, whereas in 2020 you've have about 100 people under 40 die of covid so far

They are not stupid, They can read, they can use the internet, they are just not going to give a shit

Stupid is thinking they were ever going to

wilsjane likes this.
  15. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This equally applies to a certain antipodean low life knuckle dragging anthropoid !!!

16. wilsjane

We don't know how many of those people already had a terminal medical condition either.

Taking reasonable precautions not to overwhelm the NHS is all that is needed to resolve the current problem.
    I am sure that you and I could get this through to the general public if we were given the chance.

17. wilsjane

Neither VG or I are suggesting that you and other people at your stage in life and with medical conditions should not take especial care.

It is the panic, coupled with stupid complacency that we both find so stupid.

wrat1 likes this.