I'm sick of not being able to smoke.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by AutumnsMoonChild, Jan 26, 2009.

1. AutumnsMoonChild

AutumnsMoonChild Member

I used to enjoy smoking ganja quite a bit, but as time went on I started having anxiety/panic attacks every time I smoke and now I just don't enjoy it at all. Everyone I'm close to smokes. I'm not even exaggerating. I feel so left out when I'm hanging around my friends, because weed is involved every time. While everyone is sitting in a circle passing the peace pipe, I just sit there in the background. While my boyfriend is laying there all mellow and giggling his fool head off, I'm just the stupid ass boring, sober girlfriend trying to fuck with his head and make him laugh...which always works, and is lovely, but I wish I could be on cloud 9 with him as well as the rest of my friends...

I'm sick of going through life knowing that I'll probably never know what it's like to trip, because I have anxiety and I think too fucking much. I'd be too afraid of going insane before and during the trip, and come up with all sorts of possibilities and what can go wrong. Has anyone ever seen the movie "shrooms"? That's what I'm talking about.

Reality blows. I miss mind altering substances. I wish I were mentally stable. :mad: I'm so sick of being ME.

2. footloose

footloose Member

I actually know exactly what you mean, that's the same reason I had to stop. I'd always suffered from anxiety but when some other shit happened it affected everything I did, I couldn't touch alcohol in nearly a year either for the same reason. Just felt completely separate from everyone.

Sorry, not trying to turn this round on myself, I'm just saying I know how you feel.

The only thing I can suggest is trying to conquer the anxiety. Because if that's the root of it maybe that can help you? Meditation is key, there's loads of exercises you can do. You could see some form of counciller to help deal with it, or if you want medication I guess you could see a doctor.

3. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

Just remember that when everyone else is high were not looking at you and thinking "wow that persons crazy".

You should try it again, and just remember everything is the exact same when your high as it is when your sober.

4. skamikaze

skamikaze Coffee Addict

I have a friend with some extreme aniexty issues. He smokes pot to help his anxiety, maybe if you approach it in a good way it can work out for ya.

5. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

I'm so sick of being ME.

you can't be anyone else no matter how hard you try

6. azucena

azucena vagina farts

fer serious..

7. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Everyone has anxiety, got I have tons of it, but you can either do drugs and learn to deal with it/fight it, or just be anxious your entire life anyways while being sober at the same time

8. polecat

polecat Weerd

I stopped smoking for anxiety reasons as well. You're right, it is really lame, especially when all the people you enjoy being around are potheads. I sympathize 100%.

I wouldn't write off tripping though. I dropped acid even after I started getting anxiety attacks from weed and it was great. Weed is the only thing that always gets me.

9. Gumby

Gumby Banned

Classic example of peer pressure and the need to fit in. You may need to boost your morale and self esteem. Go see a shrink, maybe he'll put you on some zoloft, prozac, celexa, or welbutrin.

Try going to an N/A or A/A meeting and change your environment. You have serious issues that you need to resolve with yourself...

10. Chris92

Chris92 Member

How long has it been since you smoked?
    I kinda know how you feel with feeling left out. Ive had drug testing since October so I havent been able to smoke at all. Its like im chilling with ppl and theyre like "alright were going to smoke" and I get pretty jealous of them. But I never go and chill around weed, itd be way too tempting. Why not just avoid them when theyre actually smoking?
    And if you only stopped smoking because you had anxiety from it, try meditating and chilling out after smoking, weed was ridiculously intense for me sometimes, but just focus on the good vibes and learn to ride the waves.

11. Freedom_Man

Freedom_Man Senior Member

im with you on that, i lovesmoking bud for a number of reasons, but i do get anxious when i smoke.

not really anything i dont get anxious when im not high, just intensified.

like somone said, your thoughts and shit are the same high as when your not i guess its just more noticalbe. try to think happy thoughts and i guess the high will be better. it helps me out at times.

12. Chris92

Chris92 Member

Im gonna have to completely disagree
    high thoughts for me are- why does the sky look so beautiful today, or this roof looks really funny(i smoked on a store roof and spent a good amount of time cracking up at how funny the roof looked)
    sober thoughts- shit, i wish i was high

13. polya

polya Member

try to take a valium before you smoke...it will prevent your anxiety

also weed and valium go great together :D

14. Gumby

Gumby Banned

I got a bunch af valium my dr. prescribed that I never take:eek:

15. Freedom_Man

actually i kinda agree with you. when im high, shit is more interesting, like you said nature is beautiful when im high. or music(love it always any state of mind) is even so much more enjoyable when high. well really anything is.

but i was talking more in terms of anxious thoughts, like i get anxious about the same shit i do when high that i do when i am sober. its just more on surface.

but for me weed, yeah it does make life more beautiful and more worth living, i dont really get to excited about things or enjoy things as easy as i used to. been like that for years, but weed came along and its like yeah man im high its all good in the moment i can enjoy and be happy. but when i come down im the same old me, i do feel i reflect and get perspective on my life, but when i come dwon im still just blah about life and dont put effort into shit. it helps my thoughts but i just gotta go through with what i reflect on when high.

16. Freedom_Man

i wish i coul get some valium or xanax. it'd help me be so more social and relaxed dude. i owulnd't abuse em either.

17. Gumby

Gumby Banned

Go smoke a sausage.

18. -Stevey-

-Stevey- Member

HAHA that was a wicked post. I know how you feel, I gave up smoking weed for like 3 and a half months after smoking for 5 years. Everytime I hung out with my friends i'd feel like such a loser and i'd be so fucking bored. I used to ahve axiety when i first started smoking, like i'd feel like i was dieing and shit. The sad truth is i picked it up again because i had no social life. EVERYONE smoked weed at least a little bit. I'm not smoking near as much as i used to and only do when i get really bored of being a hermit. I used to be a pretty bad drug addict so i don't like getting to fucked up anymore because it puts me in a bad mind set so what i usually do is only have a few drags of a joint if theres one going around. Maybe that will work with ur axiety, just ease into it theres no need to smoke alot of it if it makes you feel that way.

19. icecreampheonix

icecreampheonix Member

I don't think it's necessary to give it up entirely. Maybe cut down, but do it from time to time, if you're in a good headspace. Also, don't smoke too much. You'll find you can feel involved even if you have just a little bit. You know, enough to affect you, but not enough to make you freak out.

20. CherokeeMist

CherokeeMist Senior Member

i know this thread is sorta old but i just wanted to agree with the person who suggested that you don't write off tripping quite yet.

weed always gets to me and i know exactly what you mean, i'm always thinking "shit my friends get to giggle and eat good food and relax while i'm here battling for my sanity". i wish i knew what weed was like for casual smokers.

but anyway i've eaten mushrooms a bunch, and had two heavy acid trips without problems. mushrooms and lsd are pretty easy for me to handle (so far at least); but for some reason "just weed" gets to me like no other, in a really disconcerting way.