I'm off to save a hundred jobs

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by cynthy160, Apr 14, 2013.

1. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

I've had a number of bosses who liked that phrase. They would be leaving for a meeting or something and say, "I'm off to save a hundred jobs." But they wouldn't give any details. Guess it makes a person feel important.

2. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

My boss told me "you're just lucky to have a job"

3. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

Anyways, I'm heading out. Be back later. I'm off to save a hundred jobs. (Might even be two hundred!)

4. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

You might be a handy person to know :)
    Good luck saving to jobs

5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Lifetime Supporter

......:sleeping:

Cheers Glen.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

Remember that one time, he was like "lets go get Saddam" and we was like "ok".. :)

7. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Are you going shopping or something?

8. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Lifetime Supporter

......:rofl:

Cheers Glen.

9. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I remember that one when they were downsizing and expecting us to do more work with fewer people and a stagnant salary. Did I feel lucky? Not so much.

10. lode

lode One Man Orgy HipForums Supporter

You're sure he wasn't talking about going to Mcdonalds?

11. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I always wonder about this saving jobs thing. I mean throwing litter technically gives people jobs. Arson keeps firemen in work. And murder keeps cops on the payroll...:confused:

12. cynthy160

cynthy160 Senior Member

I'm back. I didn't save a hundred jobs. I lost a hundred. Those are the breaks.

Here are your pink slips, everyone. :(

13. deviate

deviate Senior Member

It's crazy how many jobs in big companies can be eliminated without any adverse effect on the overall function of the business. I learned that firsthand. Which is why I went back to something that directly makes money, more stability for me.

14. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

if you get that line, start looking for a new job because:

1. your boss is an asshole

2. If they think they can get away with telling you that, there is a good chance that they will try to fire you the second they think it's in their interest

3. there's probably some place else that you'll like better and will pay you more.

you're such a good artist jo. it's too bad you couldn't sell some of your copper crafts instead and flip your boss the bird

15. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

sure this isn't a euphemism for defecation?

16. Jo King

Jo King wannabe

My boss can be an ass but he's also the most honest men I've ever worked for. So unless I really fuck up I will have a very well paying for as long as he's alive.
    I have sold some stuff over the years some for as high as $2500 o it's always a option :)

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear voice of sexy

you heard wrong. he said "i'm off to shave a hundred knobs."

it actually pays pretty well.