I'm not ready, he's going to have to stay in my belly...

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by tuesdaystar, Apr 9, 2013.

1. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

I'm due in like 12 days. Everyone thinks I should be ready to evict my womb-squatter, but I'm NOT. He's so low-maintenance when all he does is live in my belly and smash my organs.

I have SO much I need to do before he comes and I'm so tired. My lease is running out a week after he's due and because I'm too poor to be a person, much less a new mom, I have to move that week.

There's still so much packing to do and I have run out of steam.

He can't come out. He needs to stay in there until I'm ready for him...

2. You'll never be "ready" for him until he appears and you have to get on with it ;) I hope he hangs on though until you get your packing up done. My best wishes for a safe and relative stress free delivery when the time does come!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Sending you some positive vibes mama. I hope you have someone to do the heavy lifting for you when you move.

5. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

Moving today and there are still things that are not packed.

I need energy.

6. MamaPeace

MamaPeace Senior Member

Once you've moved you can relax and enjoy your newborn! It'll be worth the hassle. You've a lifetime of precious moments coming your way! Good luck, I hope moving is as quick as possible!

7. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Keep hydrated.

Have some V8 juice too.

Good luck! :2thumbsup:

8. acuarela

acuarela Member

It's like an all-knowing superpower dawns on you the moment you meet your child. You'll be fine.

9. David54

David54 Member

Well, you should be one day past due date now. That's hardly surprising. Many first time moms go past their due date.

I dunno how much you already know, so I just want to give you a little primer on what you can likely expect.

Infants are very low maintenance for the first 6 months or so. They sleep like 20 hours a day. You'll probably have some trouble getting solid sleep because baby will need your attention periodically throughout the night. But during the day you should be able to get stuff done. Have you looked into baby wearing? They're really light when they're young. If you get the right wrap and wear it properly, you can carry baby around all day with your hands free, and both of you should be happy.

Your main trouble is probably going to be your own body, not baby's maintenance. You'll be bleeding for a while after birth, which can be very draining and inconvenient. Pregnancy and delivery can really do a number on your pelvic floor, leading to temporary urinary incontinence. Hopefully you can avoid a cesarean. They do a better job now than they used to. But major abdominal surgery takes some time to recover from!

Is dad in the picture? Any other family? It really, really helps to not be stranded alone with baby. When our baby was an infant, he co slept with his mother and nursed all night. I stayed up working and playing in another room with a monitor. We kept a red light bulb (doesn't disturb sleep) on in the room, so when I heard him stirring, I would come in and change his diaper. Then I would sleep in the morning while she worked and took care of baby.

10. tuesdaystar

tuesdaystar Interneter

4 days late.

I'm ready now.

Come out baby.

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

It's like pregnancy is the first great test. You will learn from your labor, that children don't go by your schedule. You go by theirs.

Also, modern medicine is asinine. They emphasize the due date far too much. Nature is static, not scheduled.

I wish well for you and the child.

12. Redneck66

Redneck66 Member

I have a little boy 3-1/2 years old now and it's been the best thing that ever happened in my life. I'm crazy about my little wildman. :)

13. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Perhaps the scariest day of my life was the fourth day in the hospital after my wife's caesarian section, when it was time to take the little one home. It seemed unbelievable that we were being trusted to keep her alive. We didn't feel ready at all. Of course, it worked out.

Will you have some help after the birth?

14. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

so he did wait! he gave you the time you the time you needed?
    how did everything go?