I'm moving to Brazil

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by jackbequick88, May 2, 2005.

1. jackbequick88

jackbequick88 Member

One day hopefully I'll make it there. My soul reason is to go down there and study classical guitar and find me a very nice well used Brazilian Rosewood guitar.

2. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

:p pfft... there's really no difference in sound signatures between Braz. Rosewood and East Indian... It's really just the bracing pattern you use. You can't beat scalloped shifted X bracing with Brazilian Rosewood and Engelmann.

I think I'd rather have Koa, Myrtlewood, or Austrailian Blackwood, though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jackbequick88

jackbequick88 Member

Played all of the wood types but I really like the warm and deep tones from a well used and old brazilian rosewood. It's a real strong and solid wood so it progresses over time to be a terrific guitar. I said "well used" because we all know how sound develops with solid wood. It's either Brazil, Portugal, or Spain. 3 main choices for classical guitar. I've heard all different stories of who makes the better guitar. But damn, some of the classical guitars can hit 20 grand. And I got 20 dollars in my wallet ;)

4. jackbequick88

jackbequick88 Member

and George, go to school, since I don't :eek:

5. Orsino2

I do. Generally around 2-4am is when I do schoolwork, that or when I have nothing else to do.

Otherwise, I know someone who is in Spain for two years studying classical guitar. I've just never really cared for classical guitar.

6. jackbequick88

jackbequick88 Member

I knew a guy who left college, went to mexico, and rented a house for next to nothing and went to a classical institute. Grew all his own food besides the chicken he'd buy and had a clear view of a volcano. Sounds like the life doesn't it?

7. Orsino2

Yeah, I've considered doing something like that someday, but, I have other things in mind. If I was going to do it, I'd retire early somewhere like that. The dude I know said he wasn't going to have any electricity and he was moving atop some mountain around Spain. I was like "what the hell :eek:" and thought he was joking. He spent every dime he had on a new Ramirez and moved.

8. jackbequick88

jackbequick88 Member

They know how to live ;)